Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 17:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:24 

I have noticed on games and video that there seems to be a slight ghosting of edges during movement which disappears when motion is low/stopped. It seems to only occur on the 2 monitors that are on the Mini DP > DVI adapters (all monitors are the same, same settings, etc). Moving a video / game into the 3rd monitor that is running on straight DVI gets rid of this strange edge ghosting, so I am assuming it has to do with the adapters possibly. I do not think that the adapters are active, one is an HIS and the other is the one that came in the box, both look almost identical and do not have the USB power plugs either.

Monitors are running at 1920x1080 native resolution, set at a refresh rate of 60. Vsync is always turned on as well in game.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I have also tried all of the available drivers that have been released for the 7970, currently running the 12.2 pre whql.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 04:38 

Although it could be adapters given that the issue only occurs on the Mini DP adapted screens, I can make green/yellow ghosting visible on the Acer GD235HZ monitor by turning on Overdrive (tries harder to prevent ghosting). If you haven't done any particular calibration of the screens revert them all to default settings and see if the issue remains only on the Mini DP screens.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 06:30 

Thank you very much Crysto for the suggestion. When I set up my monitors, I did remember changing the refresh rate under the settings to 'fastest' rather than the default of normal. It was something I assumed - the faster the better.. but as soon as I turned it back to normal, the greenish/yellow ghosting of some edges disappeared. I really appreciate all of the time and headache you saved me for figuring this out.