Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 12:32 

Leonelf wrote:
can I disable eyefinity from my "main" setup? I'd like to only use it when gaming, but have it disabled when surfing/working...

Maybe you already solved this or found a way of coping with it, but let me share my experience.

I was wondering the same thing. I used to do this with hotkeys, i.e. switch to Eyefinity with hotkey before starting the game, and switch back to normal mode after closing the game. But... no more hotkeys. The reason they got rid of the hotkeys is probably because of the fact that you can now preset the use of Eyefinity per game, but this of course doesn't help you to disable Eyefinity in the desktop environment. However... I did manage to fix it that way, very similar to Garrets procedure.

It seems that if you make an Eyefinity profile in Radeon Settings, THIS is the one that is activated by the per-game profile based use of Eyefinity. Any display groups made using the Radeon Additional Settings (i.e. through the 'old' interface) seem to be ignored once the game starts. We can actually exploit that to get what we want.

1. Create Eyefinity group through Radeon Settings (if you want, with Bezel Compensation through the advanced setup).
2. Set your games profile to start with Eyefinity.
3. Go to the Radeon Additional settings (the "classic" interface) and disable the Eyefinity group. You are now in your non-Eyefinity desktop environment, as desired. Note that in the Radeon Settings, the Eyefinity group appears to be gone (since you can do a new installation, and there's no option anymore to throw away the old one), but... actually, it isn't.
4. Start your game -> It will now switch to Eyefinity. If it doesn't, check if its running as windowed, borderless windowed, or full screen. Set it to full screen, since the first two options adhere to your desktop resolution (which is now non-Eyefinity). That's actually the only downside compared to the preset-switching I used before: you loose the quick alt-tab capabilities of borderless windowed mode.

At least... this is how it worked for me. It does seem like a somewhat unintended workaround, so let's hope it continues working...

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 05:11 

casparvl wrote:
It seems that if you make an Eyefinity profile in Radeon Settings, THIS is the one that is activated by the per-game profile based use of Eyefinity. Any display groups made using the Radeon Additional Settings (i.e. through the 'old' interface) seem to be ignored once the game starts. We can actually exploit that to get what we want.

1. Create Eyefinity group through Radeon Settings (if you want, with Bezel Compensation through the advanced setup).
2. Set your games profile to start with Eyefinity.
3. Go to the Radeon Additional settings (the "classic" interface) and disable the Eyefinity group. You are now in your non-Eyefinity desktop environment, as desired. Note that in the Radeon Settings, the Eyefinity group appears to be gone (since you can do a new installation, and there's no option anymore to throw away the old one), but... actually, it isn't.
4. Start your game -> It will now switch to Eyefinity. If it doesn't, check if its running as windowed, borderless windowed, or full screen. Set it to full screen, since the first two options adhere to your desktop resolution (which is now non-Eyefinity). That's actually the only downside compared to the preset-switching I used before: you loose the quick alt-tab capabilities of borderless windowed mode.

At least... this is how it worked for me. It does seem like a somewhat unintended workaround, so let's hope it continues working...

Thanks, that worked for me. I didn't do the quick setup since it didn't include bezel compensation, and I couldn't understand why the game profile setting didn't work.