Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 05:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 01:53 
Editors
Editors

I can't even get FarCry 2 working

lol bad news, even my matrox th2g de can run Far Cry 2 DX10 on full screen at 5040x1050, Vista 32 here.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 11:00 

It's supported... under XP.

But that's about it so far :(

I emailed Mview a while ago to see if they'd had any successes since our last contacts, but I haven't heard back yet :(

It's a shame because I really want to try some games under DX10 in Windows 7 Pro x64. I can't even get FarCry 2 working and Crysis just crashes on loading.

Help us Mview :(

Hello,
we have received your register key file for your configuration. in order to solve this issue ,we must collect a lot of information for that can't get 5040x1050 60HZ under WIN7 64bit.please wait some day for this issue.
for DX10 ,can you change to vista 32 or win7 32 bit system to test it.
our company are preparing to move to new office,it is later for your issue.

Best Regards!
Mviewtech

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 16:16 

I wouldn't call changing OS to Vista or Win 7 32bit a viable solution... Win 7 x64 works perfectly with everything else.

But ok, moving office atleast explains the quietness. I will wait and see if you discover anything :)

I may stuff around with Far Cry 2 again and see if I can get that working somehow. Even so, one game out of all the DX10 games I have isn't really that satisfactory, especially considering they're becoming more common.

Atleast it works under XP, that is one major positive :) So I can play all my DX9 based games using the mview box that way. Annoyingly however I miss out on Tri-SLI, so it's still a bit of an iffy solution at best :(

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 09:08 

I am also a customer of Mviewtech in China. I have already buy six of MP103 and now I am also MV102 owner :) . I think the fast way is to write mail to them, If I remember correctly the mail is [email protected]. Last time when I met some problem with it, I get very fast response and the support guy in the campany help me to use with much patience. Hope helps.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 00:57 

I've written mail to them a few times. Last time I checked they were moving and looking into the problem, but I haven't heard back since.

Because I now have 3 1680x1050 monitors, I can use my Matrox box, which so far has worked far better than mview's box. I only got mview box because they practically promised it'd do 4800x1200@55Hz on my old monitors, which it couldn't. They also mentioned nothing about it's lack of Windows 7 x64 support.

Overall I'm disappointed with the mview product. It hasn't worked as advertised for me.

On the other hand, their customer support was great. It's just a shame they couldn't fix any of the problems.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 10:38 

Hi SiriusDragon, last time when I go to Mviewtech headquator I also mention your issue with Mviewer box, and there engineer has test the issue with Nvidia engineer for some time. They said that it is the nvidia driver limitation that they can not support the resolution in a stable way. I just want to tell you that Mviewtech guy are nice and they are doing something for customers. Because I am from China and I just want to give some on site report on Mviewer box for this forum. Hope help.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 00:55 

Thank you :) Some news is better than nothing. And yes, their people are nice, no denying it. I guess I'm just annoyed it didn't work how I'd hoped.

I'm currently using nvidia surround under Windows 7 x64, I guess I can use the mview box under XP, or keep using the Matrox box. Depends on if I decide to retry my 1600x1200 monitors or not.