Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 03:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 23:20 

I have had this happen to me twice now.

Just recently installed windows xp 32. After about 2 or 3 weeks it randomly was not detected anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled without any issues. After 2 more weeks...same thing. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009, 12:19 

I was in a similar situation try the following:

- Open the matrox SE an go to the configuration wizard it will fail and stop trying to retrieve the TH2GO cofiguration or detecting it. Dont close the window.

- Go to the hardware device administrator, look for "User interface devices (HID)" open the tree and you can see a lot of "Human interface device USB" devices. look for one with brand name matrox TH2Go or similar (right mouse button and properties) and delete it (right mouse button and uninstall it) then go up select in the action menu "look for hardware changes. the system will install again your TH2Go usb device and the Matrox SE wizar will continue with the new configuration.

I had to do this a lot of times two weeks ago then sudenly the problem gone I think the Matrox usb software device for hardware detection is buggy when after maded the initial configuration, you do changes in the monitors phisical conectors (new monitor or changes in the order or changes in the Graphic card DVI por conector.... ).

Good Look