Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 22:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 03:20 

The DTH2GO will look it's best on 22" displays! It's called Native resolution.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 20:02 

I have 3x30" and depending on game I use 5040x1050@57 (th2go) or 7680x1600@60 (softth).

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

If you want large monitors with low native resolutions, then three cheap HDTVs would probably fit the bill. But people running triplehead on 1920x1200 or higher screens will be running at non-native resolutions.

I agree. I mostly need 7680x1600 for Black Shark. With such resolution It allows virtual screens to be readable without additional monitors (supported by BS configurable viewports).

The way DirectX and OpenGL work, it can't be done like that. The operating system needs to see the whole area as one virtual display, not multiple displays for 3D fullscreen hardware accelerated gaming to work. There would be no need for any TH2G or DH2G product if it worked across multiple displays natively.

There is no need for desktop pcs for DH2G. You can easily have two monitors with native support in most games (with span mode). But you have the monitor frames just in front of you, so for me is one big monitor or three monitors. As you say, dht2o is needed for 4mons with span mode (also you could have 2xth2go with span).

I am wondering with my current setup which is a AMD Quad 3.0ghz Black edition with 4gb ram and Asus Nvidia 295 1796MB graphic card

For 3x30" native a 285gtx is better, as It´s the most powerful monogpu card and SoftTh doesn´t support multigpu (sli/cf).

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 03:43 

I am using 3 INF 28" (27.5) and have no complaints. The native res is 1920x1200 per screen but I haven't seen much to complain about running at 4320x900 for gaming. I am looking forward to the new fix that is due any day now that will hopefully take me to 5040x1050 but it still remains to see if my monitors can do it. These are really cheap monitors and I suppose you get what you pay for but they work for me and that's what counts.