Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 08:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2008, 23:43 

If anyone else has this problem, the matrox staff informed me its because the OS is only detecting the Matrox instead of the monitors themselves; which is why its not letting me select the native resolution of the monitor.

When you set up 5040x1050, you need to make it so the Matrox is the one detected and not the monitors themselves, so I'm going to try and find a way around this with him.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 21:46 

Follow this "sticky" http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/9196

I had to do a couple of restarts to get the 1680x1050 to work properly once I added it. But in the end it works like a champ.
Not only that but when I select something that displays only in the single screen it does it automatically.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 21:56 

Thanks for the link, however I have the same problem as the guy who posted there last and had to call Matrox. 1680x1050 wont show up as a Desktop resolution (even though its the monitors default) while the Matrox is listed as the primary driver / monitor (which I had to enable for it to work in 5040x1050).

So...

Yeah. Stumped. :?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2008, 08:26 

As an update for anyone who shares our issue, the Matrox staff contacted me and told me you can add custom resolutions that don't appear as a standard on the Matrox device itself via their remote control help team.

This is, not using custom resolutions through nvidia, but through the Matrox device itself it can be added and saved.