Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 19:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Please Help !!
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 03:47 

OK , I conclude the Samsung 2253BW is a worker @ 5040X1050

Thanks.....its been emotional !!! 8)

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 09:14 

Hold the Phone....

Only 1 Day and I've blown it ....lost it forever .... :cry:

From the start -
1st thing I did after 5040x1050 was achieved was create a restore point ....( seemed like a good idea at the time..lol !! )
2nd , I needed to free up some room on my C drive ..so i wiped a few older games...still no probs
3 , A disk clean up ( could have done it ) and a disk scan (also a contender) ...thats when I came back from a reboot and the screens went back into 'go black' mode after 60 sec ....Oh yeah all my restore points are gone :(
4 , :cry: :( :? :x :twisted: :cry:
5 , Pull it together and retrace my steps ( couldn't be that hard now could it...??? )
6 , Over 3 hours of reloading the Nvidia 182.08 ( + others ) , every GXM driver I could find from 2.03.02.008 to 2.05.00.020whql and the Beta. I'm sure it was the 2.05.00.020whql that worked before....but nothing will play ball now !
7 , I tried the manual entry section in the advanced Nvidia panel but keep getting the 'custom mode test failed' ......

Hmmm , time for some straight nuts and bolts talking !

1/ I'm trying to get 5040x1050@57Hz or (should I be shooting for 60Hz ?)
2/ Is the general concensus for Vista 32 bit , the best Nvidea driver is...182.08...??
3/ If not the Beta GXM....then is the 2.05.00.020 the best one or...?
4/ One curiosity that did keep turning up was in the device driver list.Under monitors....where 1 "Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition" should appear...there are 2 of them ! 1 has the right driver listed -1.0.0.4 ( as directed on another thread here somewhere ) the 2nd one looks the exactly the same except for the driver which is - 1.0.0.6 !
I keep disabling the 2nd one and uninstalling it ...but it keeps coming back ! I will delete the software this time around and try it all again I suppose.

Does it really all work in XP with no hassles ?
Maybe its just easier to change over to 3 x Viewsonics 2240w and be done with it ..Ha !

Help me Obi Wan...Bring your lightsabre and ease my pain.. :wink:

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 04:19 

Oh my giddy aunt .....Back .....finally !

I so should have poured all of my attention towards the ' keeping it there fix ' .
Perhaps a time frame perspective.
Late Fri Arvo : The first time she came together and stayed there...( quick ...do a restore point).....heh heh...felt so hyper from it , you could have plugged the monitors directly into me for 57 beats per second...LOL.!!
Fri Night : Eventually ..... the best sleep I've had in yonks !...(its been since November 08 I've had this rig set up but just not quite there...then I find this site of possibilities July 09 ( actually , its found it again , cause I'm sure I looked up this site when I was originally making some decisions back in Aug 08...you know , just lurking. ha..)
Sat am : Hold breath and bring out of sleep mode ...... Still good....yay !!
Sat 2PM : Lost it...she has gone pair shaped in that the ' monitor OSD warning & screen blacking out after 60 seconds ' department , oh poop ...i'm back to square 1 and my problem was clearly back .Poop.
Start retracing Fridays victory Steps...which were...Niv 182.08 + Gxm 2_05_00_020 ( well that was the final combo on friday that worked !) But not today.
Hmmm....Oh the restore point ...I'd forgotton about that....bugger , its gone !

Panic has not only set in .... IT OWNS ME !!! .... What to do ...? What to do ...? I know ....Panic Post...(see : Hold the Phone , lol ) .

OK .... press on...more reading.
Next most likely combo...Niv 180.48 + GXM BETA...bit of a tune on the niv card....and hey presto... 8.30 PM we are back in buisness with a completely different set up ?!?!?!
Fair dinkum....I've been on the emotional rollercoaster from hell....Right ...time to make some laws for myself .
Get out the candles and stand in the middle of a pentagram ....draw blood ...and make a Blood Oath to never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn ANYTHING , OFF , EVER AGAIN !
(quick ...do a restore point)
Phew saved me from myself again !!! ( I wonder how long it will last this time ???...hmmm )
9 PM : thats as long as I lasted ....lost it all again....kill me noooooooow !!!
Now it starts too get really really frustrating.........every combination of the previous four drivers fail to deliver the points !....hmmmm...aaarrgghhhh...Hang on....the restore point ???? yes its there.back to 5.15PM load the 180.48 + GXM BETA....BANG...we're done.
Back out of the room slowly ...not loosing eye contact....lock door....swallow key....safe ( surely...???!!! LOL )
Sun 9 am : takes me untill 10.30 (whilst trying the " stay fix " ) when I lost it....again (yes... bothways...lol ).However by 11 am I am back in buisness just by tweaking on Niv card and Gxm a bit....yay (30 minutes )
11.20am : 2nd fix attempt....Perfect !
Thats it ....I'm done....for now ...heh heh.

Sorry it took so long to explain...but it might be helpful to someone else....if nothing else , it might remind yours truely how to get out of trouble again.!!!
If an admin wants to wipe all of this emoitional drivel ...then thats fine ....I could probably do a better job of explaining each step that was , a key for me anyway , with some curious results...e.g. If I completely remove all of my GXM drivers ...No Power Desk....Yet run niv 180.48 ...I can get 5040 x 1050 x 57 & 60 Hz working!!! But doesn't stay as per monitors ...warning ...black in 60 sec...etc.Sooooo that means it HAS to be the compatability of the correct GXM (PD) ???? No ?!?!

Anyway ...a BIG THANKS to all who chipped in and to the pioneers of the early fixes....you Sirs, I owe my Sainity and Gratitude .

Thanks.....its been emotional !!! .... :D