Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 13:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2008, 00:34 

did you get your 19 widescreens?

i just ordered three 20" widescreens...
i hope it is worth it...
the more and more i read, the less it is supported...
i hope that will change in the future...

i dont know if 3x 17" (4:3 aspect) were better or if i had mad the right decision of buying 3x 20" (16:10 aspect) widescreens...

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2008, 01:21 
Founder
Founder

I did, and if you read earlier in the thread you'll see that two of them were DOA.

With a little rearranging on my desk, I've decided that I'm going to go with 3x22". Paddy and a number of people aren't having any problems with 3x1680x1050. You should be good to go.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2008, 01:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Yep I am having no more problems (with a NVidia card; apparetnly the AMD ones aren't so good) with 5040x1050 than I did with 3840x1024. Some games just won't do them and for them I can use the centres native res of 1920x1200...win all around IMO. Not quite the win of the chap who is lining up 3x30" but awesome none the less!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 04:09 
Founder
Founder

I got my two replacement screens today, and guess what - they both have bad DVI ports. So, four out of five have bad DVI ports. Can't believe it. They are refusing to refund my money.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 04:23 
Editors
Editors

I got my two replacement screens today, and guess what - they both have bad DVI ports. So, four out of five have bad DVI ports. Can't believe it. They are refusing to refund my money.

That is not cool :evil: :evil: , and I'm fairly certain not legal.

I'd say it's time to take off the gloves. If they don't know who you are and what site you own, they need to know. From there, call up the BBB and also look up any relevant Consumer Affairs office for your state. Of course there is always the EECB route, even better if you can get a phone # to an executive. A buddy of mine was once getting the run-around from an insurance co that owed him repair and medical costs from a car accident, so I told him to simply say he was reporting them to the Dept. of Insurance (CA). He had a check within 3 days. :)

If you want I'll assist with information digging. Who exactly has refused to give you a refund, retailer or manufacturer?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 06:05 
Founder
Founder

I found all the names on the ASUS website, and got the email format from the support people I dealt with. I just sent the EECB. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 07:00 

Dude if you want funds to take legal action I will happily make a donation, these guys need to suffer. (not the support staff ASUS as a corp).

I have no problem with you using your position as site owner as leverage in negotiations.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 07:23 
Founder
Founder

I appreciate the passion and the support, but I don't have any desire to pursue any sort of legal action.

The reality is that they have a warranty, and they are (they really are) honoring the terms of that warranty. That being said, their processes and actions are crap for customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.

In my letter I stated that over the lift of the WSGF, we've remained agnostic from "officially" recommending monitors. They are a tricking thing to buy, and a personal decision (much more so that a CPU or GFX). They are also a longer term investment.

We're not equipped here to do professional reviews. For that and other reasons, we've let the community speak up with their own input and experiences. Up until this point, I've simply been part of the community expressing my frustration. But, I'm quickly moving to officially warning people away from ASUS.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 22:00 
Founder
Founder

Just got off the phone with ASUS. They are upgrading my panels to VK222H models. And, they are working to reimburse the shipping on my first RMA.

All in all, a satisfactory resolution. I had asked for a refund, and was then going to buy new panels. This keeps me from having to buy a 2nd purchase. The VK222H has DVI, VGA and HDMI, so now I can get an Xbox360 again. ;-)

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 22:00 

I've been really happy with my 22" LG Flatron's. 2ms response time and a great contrast ratio, plut the bezel's are nice and small compared to a lot of other offerings out there. Good luck getting everything sorted out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next