Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 13:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 22:17 

Nice, built in webcam's too on those bad boys. Surround webcam chatting anyone?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 22:43 
Editors
Editors

Just got off the phone with ASUS. They are upgrading my panels to VK222H models. And, they are working to reimburse the shipping on my first RMA.

All in all, a satisfactory resolution. I had asked for a refund, and was then going to buy new panels. This keeps me from having to buy a 2nd purchase. The VK222H has DVI, VGA and HDMI, so now I can get an Xbox360 again. ;-)

Glad to hear the news. I guess the EECB worked out? ;)

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 20:04 

Wow, glad to see they are trying to take care of you. Even though it might take a lil longer those 22" screens look VERY nice. Might be worth the hassle in the long run.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 19:54 
Founder
Founder

God is certainly laughing at me. I got the new VK222H's right before I had to evacuate from the hurricane. Got back into the house on Tuesday, and things are very good (all things considering). I finally got around to setting up the new monitors today. They worked great and looked beautiful. I got them mounted on the bar as well.

I stepped out of the office, and my APC battery backup tripped due to the load of the PC and the monitors. When it came back up, two of the monitors were dead.

I've logged a claim with APC, though I'm not sure who is to blame. One monitor, the PC and the printer are fine. Again, God is laughing at me...

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 20:10 

I've had no luck with battery backups. They seem to do more harm than good in my past experience.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 20:34 
Founder
Founder

We used to have real flakey power. It would dip for just a split second, and reset everything. I got it to keep the CPU, network gear and HDTV up. I think I'm going to move away from them, and only keep the CPU plugged in, if that. Network gear was the most important.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 21:08 
Editors
Editors

Bummer news. Murphy's lawyers have apparently fixated on you. If this keeps up you'll have to push out the contest date just so you don't have to give away your only working equipment. ;)

I hope you can get things in working order with minimal fuss and expense.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 04:52 
Founder
Founder

I called ASUS, and gave them the straight story. They agreed to replace the two that died. It's amazing how good the service is from the executive office, and how bad on their normal support.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 07:01 
Founder
Founder

Got the two new panels in today. They are sweet. Got them hooked up, and tested HDMI as well. Found out someone makes a VGA cable for the Wii, so I'm going to move all my tech/gaming stuff into my office. Perfect time to get a new Xbox360 as well, especially with the fall update to support 1680x1050 over VGA. PS3 would be nice with Blu-Ray support as well. Here is the dream setup:

Monitor #1 - VGA : 2nd monitor for work laptop
Monitor #1 - DVI : TH2Go
Monitor #1 - HDMI : HD Cable Box

Monitor #2 - VGA : Wii
Monitor #2 - DVI : TH2Go
Monitor #2 - HDMI : PS3

Monitor #3 - VGA : Xbox360
Monitor #3 - DVI : TH2Go
Monitor #3 - HDMI : HD-DVD

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 11:35 
Editors
Editors

Cardboard boxes all over the room, yay ! New hardware in da house ! :)

(You crazy gear collector geek, how can you actually use all that stuff and admin a whole friggin' site on top of all that ??) :shock:

Glad to see all is well at last. As I just received the two VX1940w I was missing and could finally setup my new TripleWideHead environment, I kinda know how you feel. Gotta review those panels and show us what a triple webcam can do now :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next