Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 May 2024, 04:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 23:21 

The Digital TripleHead2Go does not just use the USB cable for power. It also uses it for device detection and configuration. You can change the 4 available modes (resolutions and refresh rates) available, activate/deactivate bezel management, etc., with the USB connection.

Ouch, you´re right :) . I forgot bezel management and custom res. But anyway you don´t need to install anything with d-th2go, same as analog version. A friend of mine has d-th2go and he´s pretty sure it don´t need to install anything to get it work. Later, he did install all the matrox stuff and so, but first time works without any problem (and drivers) in windows.

And by the way, d-th2go can work in analog mode too.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 16:49 

True, you don't need to install software for the Digital TripleHead2Go. If you don't, the 4 resolutions that Matrox pre-loaded on the device will be available in Windows, and you'll never be able to get to the 15 or 20 other choices.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 18:17 

But the preloaded are the most useful for typical th2go configurations (3x19'' tft no widescreen): 1024x768, 1280x1024, 3072x768 and 3840x1024.

Some custom resolutions can be incompatible with some tfts and only works under windows. While above resolutions works under any os and any normal tft.

Edit: not sure if custom resolutions only refers to multiscreen resolutions

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 23:09 

Once the custom configs are set you don't need it again right? it's saved in the box?

And also about those custom res. can you make any you want or only pre-sets?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 02:47 

Once the custom configs are set you don't need it again right? it's saved in the box?
Yes.

And also about those custom res. can you make any you want or only pre-sets?
Only the pre-sets.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 21:41 
Insiders
Insiders

My assumption is that it "might" work with a two 8800 setup. My current "theory" is that anything equalling less than 8192 width will work. Don't quote me on that unless you wanna shell out for a second TH2G with no guarantees. :wink:

I've got TH2G+SoftTH working in another thread here running 5 monitors. 6400x1024 5 monitors works at least. Really, 5 monitors is much better than 6 as far as bezels and pixels to push. I'd recommend this hybrid setup over 2x TH2G. Only situation I'd do 2x TH2G over this setup would be a circular simulator projection setup where there would be no bezels in impare your view. I'm posting from the machine I got it working on. :wink:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8299

Matrox PowerDesk-SE works like a champ with this hybrid setup.
Configure Desktop Divider:
Display 1: Width: 1, Height: 1
Display 2: Width: 3, Height: 1
Display 3: Width: 1, Height: 1

BTW, not sure what you mean about "not really surround" in your title. IMHO, that's extreme surround. :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 22:28 

BTW, not sure what you mean about "not really surround" in your title. IMHO, that's extreme surround

I mean spanning them 3+3 vertically, not 6 for ultra surround. I think about three main configurations:
- 3 for surround gaming and 3 as secondary display (internet, lots of other windows)
- 3+3 in vertical span. For games with bad support of surround resolutions and watching films.
- 3+2+1. Th2go + 2 monitor with softth for older games (lower req) with good fov support as your solution + 1 monitor for secondary display.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 22:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Ah, I misread. I see no reason why it shouldn't work if you have an 8800 series card. It's under the 8192x8192 texture size limit regardless of horizontal or vertical span. One thing I'm not sure of yet is if there is a max total pixel limit in the 8800 card hardware that would be different than the 8192x8192 total. Or, if there is some quirk in the nVidia span modes that might exclude 3840x2048. That would be something left to find for whoever tries it I guess. :wink:

I didn't realize you were shooting for 3x2 setup. I just saw 2xTH2G mentioned. It would be defintely a sure fire way to tax the latest generation of video card hardware. 3840x2048 does sound interesting though. :D