Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011, 01:06 

thanks fr the link BH

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011, 07:02 

Warpalizer has a demo version available for free, if you want you can test the 2 different programs out and see the differences. Probably the most annoying thing when testing out the different software is that they require you to move your projectors around a bit; Nthusim the projections need to touch at the edge and with warpalizer they need to overlap 10%.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011, 17:24 

Hi

I would like to draw your attention to this product:

http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/immersivedisplaylite2

Fly Elise-ng Immersive Display Lite 2 supports all the features supported by much more expensive NTHUSIM. The most important feature which distinguishes Immersive Display Lite 2 is the support for soft edge blending for ultimate projector alignment and image overlap. Check the announcement:

http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/news/31-immersivedisplaylite2v15beta1

Immersive Displaly Lite2 - 39 Euro
NTHUSIM Plus Edition - $489
Warpalizer - 540 euro

Immersive Displaly Lite2 - From enthusiasts to enthusiast

Regards,
Nikola

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2011, 00:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Immersive Display Lite 2 is an interesting development, but keep in mind that it doesn't have the programming staff, nor the universal compatibility NTHUSIM has. NTHUSIM will work with about anything out there DX7-11 and OpenGL. I am pretty impressed with their screen designer software though. If you're limited your focus to only using it for FS9 or FSX something like Immersive Display Lite 2 might be appealing.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2011, 08:48 

I will have to correct BHawthorne

The fact the the programming stuff is limited to 2-3 persons does not mean limited features set, software quality and support
Immersive Display Lite 2 is compatible with all program/games based on DX7, DX9, DX10, DX11 and OpenGL. Although the software has been initially implemented for FX9/FSX and X-Plane it is by no means restricted to flight simulators only.
And the next release scheduled for 02.04.2011 will provide support for soft edge blending.

See http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/immersivedisplaylite2?showall=1

This is an incomplete list of tested and verified programs/games:

Flight simulators:
* X-Plane 9
* Microsoft Flight Simulator 9
* Microsoft Flight Simulator X
* Flight Gear
* Condor - The competition soaring simulator
Car Racing simulators:
* rFactor
* Need for Speed Pro Streat
* Need for Speed Shift
* F1 2010
AV playback software
* VideoLan (VLC)
Other
* EVE Online
* Quest3D based applications

Regards,
Nikola

[quote]

Immersive Display Lite 2 is an interesting development, but keep in mind that it doesn't have the programming staff, nor the universal compatibility NTHUSIM has. NTHUSIM will work with about anything out there DX7-11 and OpenGL. I am pretty impressed with their screen designer software though. If you're limited your focus to only using it for FS9 or FSX something like Immersive Display Lite 2 might be appealing.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 03:38 

thats a great link ngidalov! thanks

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 23:47 

I posted some videos of Immersive Display Lite 2 working in CoD: Black Ops on youtube. Very good software, and they are constantly upgrading the software to insure it works with the latest games.

http://www.youtube.com/VanFS3K

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 06:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Keep in mind that I have tested NTHUSIM with approximately 500 games, so it's truly compatible with most any game. None of the other pre-warp utilities come anywhere close to real world testing that many apps, they merely assume compatibility. While I appreciate apps like Immersive Display Lite 2 and Warpalizer as competition to NTHUSIM, neither took risks in being the initial developer to bring such tech to a consumer market like Immersaview did. Before Immersaview, this tech was strictly exclusive to commercial and military applications. I see the competition as merely knockoffs that are fracturing the consumer base. Their existence is fuel on the fire to keep feature availability and innovation constantly improving in the future. Instead of helping shape NTHUSIM by giving input and assistance in it's development, these other developers went their own direction. If you're not a part of the solution you end up being part of the problem IMHO. :wink:

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 07:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Keep in mind that I have tested NTHUSIM with approximately 500 games, so it's truly compatible with most any game. None of the other pre-warp utilities come anywhere close to real world testing that many apps, they merely assume compatibility. While I appreciate apps like Immersive Display Lite 2 and Warpalizer as competition to NTHUSIM, neither took risks in being the initial developer to bring such tech to a consumer market like Immersaview did. Before Immersaview, this tech was strictly exclusive to commercial and military applications. I see the competition as merely knockoffs that are fracturing the consumer base. Their existence is fuel on the fire to keep feature availability and innovation constantly improving in the future. Instead of helping shape NTHUSIM by giving input and assistance in it's development, these other developers went their own direction. If you're not a part of the solution you end up being part of the problem IMHO. :wink:

Said Like a true spokesman haha. Well the way I look at it, more rivals gives the developers of NTHUSIM to become more feature rich and/or cheaper.

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 07:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Said Like a true spokesman haha. Well the way I look at it, more rivals gives the developers of NTHUSIM to become more feature rich and/or cheaper.

NTHUSIM is one of my hobbies, not by job. I need to state that distinction. Just like here I'm a part of the WSGF and on EVGA forums, I'm a person very active on the NTHUSIM forum. One should not assume I am under direct employment of Immersaview. I do this stuff for fun. It has allowed me to go to events like CES 2011 though. :wink:

Yes, competition is good for development and driving constant upgrades and new features. NTHUSIM has always been good about user requested feature upgrades though. Heck, NTHUSIM merely existing is the prime example of user requests. I talk with Alex and Andy all the time about new goodies in the works for upcoming patches and even version 4.0 in the future. A lot of useful additions are on the drawing board for the future to further differentiate NTHUSIM from the other two utilities. With competition around, it's what makes the utilities unique that is important, not merely making a cheaper version of the same thing. You'll always find someone out there that is willing to lose their shirt to undercut you. The question is, will they lead the market by innovation or merely follow which way the wind blows?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next