Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 18:55 

Well, if it wasn`t for Warpalizer and others Nthusim wouldn`t have edge blending by now. Everybody knows that a monopoly (which Immersaview had with Nthusim) limits progress and raises prices. The more competition, the better.

Since Immersaview has years of experience I guess they have the best product at this moment. So far, they are the Mercedes of this young (but growing) market.

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 21:33 
Insiders
Insiders

It's a double edged sword though. What hurts the market is we already see it fractured into at least 3 competing products and there are only a couple of dozen users in the world so far. When you say young market, it is very young. Three competing products spread between about 50 consumer users at most is not what I consider even a young market at this point. My guess is most people don't even realize what is possible and that is half the battle.

I'm shifting focus from gaming to home theater and S3D at the moment on my build to further differentiate from the competition with a few new real-world examples.

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 21:20 

[quote]

Said Like a true spokesman haha. Well the way I look at it, more rivals gives the developers of NTHUSIM to become more feature rich and/or cheaper.

NTHUSIM is one of my hobbies, not by job. I need to state that distinction. Just like here I'm a part of the WSGF and on EVGA forums, I'm a person very active on the NTHUSIM forum. One should not assume I am under direct employment of Immersaview. I do this stuff for fun. It has allowed me to go to events like CES 2011 though. :wink:

Yes, competition is good for development and driving constant upgrades and new features. NTHUSIM has always been good about user requested feature upgrades though. Heck, NTHUSIM merely existing is the prime example of user requests. I talk with Alex and Andy all the time about new goodies in the works for upcoming patches and even version 4.0 in the future. A lot of useful additions are on the drawing board for the future to further differentiate NTHUSIM from the other two utilities. With competition around, it's what makes the utilities unique that is important, not merely making a cheaper version of the same thing. You'll always find someone out there that is willing to lose their shirt to undercut you. The question is, will they lead the market by innovation or merely follow which way the wind blows?

Well, well, well,

I read a lot of "low punches" and "dirty words" like "lose their shirt to undercut you".
First of all we, the Fly Elise-ng team do not consider ourselves a competition to NTHUSIM or Warpalizer. We are pure enthusiasts making a software technology (which is by no means proprietary to NTHUSIM or Warpalizer) available to other enthusiasts around the world.
We do not have intentions to take over the market share of NTHUSIM or Warpalizer, but if this happens it will be just because our users value Immerisve Diplay Lite 2 more than the other two products.
I will not comment on your statement about the innovators and followers. Fly Elise-ng has always been open with announcing the new versions and new features. Please look at the calendar section

http://www.fly.elise-ng.net/

-----------------------
Fly Elise-ng decided to continue with further development of Immerisve Display Lite 2 to be able to support more and more different projection setups. Among other features we will:

- Add support for up to 10 projectors
- Add support for vertical edge blending as well (for 2x2 or 3x2, 3x3 projector setups)
- Add support for graphical cards and OS setups which do not support horizontal span mode. Independent warping and blending grids will be available per display output.

This new version will top the features of the existing commercial packages for a fraction of the price.
---------------------------------------------

With kind regards,
Nikola Gidalov
Fly Elise-ng Team

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 22:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Take it how you want to, keep in mind I speak for myself, not NTHUSIM nor Immersaview although you claim to speak directly for Immerisve Display Lite 2. Both Warpalizer and Immerisve Display Lite 2 popped up significantly after Sol7 and NTHUSIM did and neither attempted to help nor influence NTHUSIM development directly. How can that not be interpreted as a fracturing of the consumer base and an issue? Saying you're true enthusiasts infers I'm not. So, because I'm not assisting Immerisve Display Lite 2 development I'm the evil non-enthusiast? I spend most of my free time assisting people with new multi-projection builds -- many that probably go with your software after my assistance. You should be thanking me for my assistance not chastising me for my opinions. That is one of the silliest thing I've been called in a while considering my builds are 100% DIY and what I have done over the past two years to see wider adoption of multi-projection in the enthusiast marketplace. You don't see it as competition, yet you roll off a detailed list of how it compares. You are aware of what competition means right? This thread was made to see how the competition compares to each other. Your actions show me that the only time you have chimed in here is to address this thread, not the people asking questions or wanting assistance. That instead of seeking to help promote and improve the original, you would rather develop your own for personal gain. Actions speak louder than words. 3 posts here and what were those posts? I have been selfless in helping others for years now to promote this tech regardless of pre-warp software used and you spend your 3 post in not helping people but addressing this thread. :nudgenudge

I would much rather see you make good use of this sub-forum in helping future builders work through the specifics of their build than mincing words with me. It's wholly counter-productive. It's why the sub-forum exists. :wink:

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 13:15 

Take it how you want to, keep in mind I speak for myself, not NTHUSIM nor Immersaview although you claim to speak directly for Immerisve Display Lite 2. Both Warpalizer and Immerisve Display Lite 2 popped up significantly after Sol7 and NTHUSIM did and neither attempted to help nor influence NTHUSIM development directly. How can that not be interpreted as a fracturing of the consumer base and an issue? Saying you're true enthusiasts infers I'm not. So, because I'm not assisting Immerisve Display Lite 2 development I'm the evil non-enthusiast? I spend most of my free time assisting people with new multi-projection builds -- many that probably go with your software after my assistance. You should be thanking me for my assistance not chastising me for my opinions. That is one of the silliest thing I've been called in a while considering my builds are 100% DIY and what I have done over the past two years to see wider adoption of multi-projection in the enthusiast marketplace. You don't see it as competition, yet you roll off a detailed list of how it compares. You are aware of what competition means right? This thread was made to see how the competition compares to each other. Your actions show me that the only time you have chimed in here is to address this thread, not the people asking questions or wanting assistance. That instead of seeking to help promote and improve the original, you would rather develop your own for personal gain. Actions speak louder than words. 3 posts here and what were those posts? I have been selfless in helping others for years now to promote this tech regardless of pre-warp software used and you spend your 3 post in not helping people but addressing this thread. :nudgenudge

I would much rather see you make good use of this sub-forum in helping future builders work through the specifics of their build than mincing words with me. It's wholly counter-productive. It's why the sub-forum exists. :wink:

BHawthorne,

If you do not speak in the name of NTHUSIM or Immersaview, I did not expect you to felt offended from my previous post. My apologies if you felt so. :cheers
let's keep the discussion constructive and help the community by providing feature-rich, fast, stable and affordable multi-projector solutions and support.

With kind regards,
Nikola Gidalov
Fly Elise-ng Team

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 10:17 

So it's been almost a year since this topic was last touched, but i felt my question was possible best posed here.

I'm a software engineer, creating a program that will run across a 150 degree curved screen using 3 projectors. All three programs seems to do the job i need, specifically edge blending and screen warping. So why should i choose one of the others? Is it still just the 3 companies fighting it out in a small business/home user market?

Any opinions welcome.

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 13:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Only small changes have taken place in the marketplace, namely several of the utilities are working on desktop pre-warp integration so it's easy to use regardless of being in desktop or in full screen mode. The typical feature creep to keep competitive is occurring but nothing really revolutionary is going on at the moment. NTHUSIM 3.1 just released in the last week, updating the code base. I'm in talks with Immersaview on upcoming features to be implemented over the course of the next calendar year. Immersaview is open to suggestions that will better differentiate NTHUSIM from competitors. It would be remiss not to keep competitive in a consumer market they created and cater to.

With NTHUSIM Plus, I am very hands on with new users helping them get up and running. Given the choice between some of the utilities out there I would consider NTHUSIM staff the most hands on with new users. I check email and PMs on most sites I frequent throughout day. Andy, Alex and Emmanuel are also very prompt if there is a code base issue that needs compatibility patching or if your license needs to be reset for hardware updates.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 10:38 

Hi everybody,
My name is Olav Sandnes and I am one of the founders of Univisual Technologies AB, the company that has developed Warpalizer. (www.univisual.se) I have been following this discussion with interest and I have really enjoyed some of the remarks and inputs. I have off course a commercial interest in Warpalizer and I am therefore not going to offer my opinion on which product I think is the best. It is obvious what I mean. Nor will I comment on any of the specific statements and claims found herein as I find most of them biased towards the sponsor.

However, the answer to the question first raised is complex but also simple. The market will decide which is the successful product. It all depends on what you want in terms of performance and support, and what you are willing to pay. In a competitive market the customers will always select the product that is fulfilling their needs the cheapest way possible. It will be interesting to see which one of us competitors that has best understood the market place.

For those of you that are in doubt of which product to buy and which company to buy from, my suggestions is that you should test all and make your own judgement. I think all companies in this market has demo products available, and it should not take too much time and effort to decide what you prefer. You can get a Warpalizer demo just by sending a short message to [email protected].

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2016, 10:27 

Is there no cheaper products out there theese both these are stupidly priced. Who in there right mind would pay so much, im shocked