Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 00:58 
Hello,

I'm just starting to learn about multi-monitor gaming, so I wanted to ask you guys about the possibilities in my case.

I've got a mini HP 800 G2 pc which comes with 2 display ports and 1 VGA connection. At the moment I've got 2 monitors connected with my computer. The computer has an integrated HD Intel 530 video card, a couple of doubts:

1. Do you think I could be able to run a game in multi-screen mode with this PC?
2. At present I've got 2 monitors, is this enough to have a proof of concept and see if I could like it before buying a 3rd monitor?

I've got Castlevania 2 for PC, which I think was supposed to be supported but when I tried to launch it a few days ago, it was still launched in a single screen for me. I could send you logs of the Flawless Widescreen utility and details of my settings if you think that this is supposed to be working to help troubleshooting, as it is not currently working for me.

Many thanks

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 12:40 
Editors
Editors

Hi,
Intel does not support This Eyefinity or Surround or any other Single Large Surface technology which allows windows the see all Monitors as one.

Your only option of getting the Game Stretched over 2 or 3 Monitors is Windowed mode.
For dx9 games there is a software called SoftTH, for all others you need a game specific solution to stretch it over multiple extended desktops.

Greetings,

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 02:50 
Thanks, I would have never found out about SoftTH if you didn't mention it.

I've spent the whole afternoon trying to having Castlevania 2 work on PC without success. I read this article about the subject 'http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/03/19/guide-manual-plp-gaming-instructions' and I put my SoftTH config there.
Could you have a look and see if you notice what I could be doing wrong? I've checked a few websites and in theory, Castlevania 2 is a DX9 game, isn't it? And the person explaining the article has a screenshot of the 3 monitors in Castlevania 2 as well, so I think I might be doing something wrong, but I don't know what...

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 04:07 
I just found the location of the game config file here:
C:\Users\admin\Documents\MercurySteam\Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2\76561197960270647\game.cfg

It had one setting of:
FullScreen = 0 ### 0 = Windowed mode, 1 = Fullscreen mode
VideoWidth = 1920 ### Fullscreen width
VideoHeight = 1080 ### Fullscreen height
PCPadDeadZone = 0.200000

so I changed the setting of 'VideoWidth' to look like:
VideoWidth = 3840 ### Fullscreen width
VideoHeight = 1080 ### Fullscreen heigh

Which corresponds to the width that I've got in the SoftTH config as well.

What happens when I launch the game is that it appears in a resolution of 640x480, and then if I go to the in-game video settings, the max opcion is still 1920x1080. The 3840 has not been picked up.

Any suggestion that I could try from my end, pls let me know...

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:59 
Editors
Editors

I've never used SoftTH myself, so I can't really help you there.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:09 
I see, thanks for the help.

I'll try again in a few days to see if I do things in a different way or I've got another idea. Thinking that something is not compatible with my setup, but not quite clear what...

Cheers