Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 23:58 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbbMcYjwBw

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

Video is 5760x1080, just adding about +50 to all FOV values and capping it at 150 to stop fisheye when running etc.

Fix has some flaws with respect to periodicly for short durations blanking back out to stock FOV (having to write a value thats being written to :( -- see the video, watch is in 1080p haha so its not like looking through a small slit) - sounds the INI might be a goer.

Great Video! I really enjoyed watching! thankss

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 00:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anyone figured out where to put these commands? I cannot find where these commands are i've looked through all the ini's both program files and documents I have tried adding them to all ini's one at a time and still no luck. :x No disrespect to hayden but it sucks that you didn't show us what to do with your solution. I must be missing something :doh

Sorry I think there has been a misunderstanding....

This fix uses memory editing - it doesnt touch the INI files at all, infact for this to work they must be returned to default.... I have a 95% completed tool, as in you can run it and launch battlestorm and its fixed... but the flickering issue as indicated in the video is the FLAW.

I gave the values (known as i had to find them all!) incase anyone _wants_ to investigate the INI avenue.

The video was mainly to demonstrate the flaw in the memory editing fix, hence at the end of my other note "the INI might be a goer"

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 01:22 

Ya I figured it was more complicated than just a ini tweak.

What I can't believe is how they make a modern pc game (even if it is a console port) that does not include 3 monitor support! LOTS of people use 3 screens and more and more people are upgrading to it (buying a couple of monitors on sale is cheaper than a new graphics card) I know a few people that are upgrading from their xbox and PS3 in order to do 3 screens.

Now we have to wait around for some hero to fix the broken 3 screen game. Playing on a single screen is not very fun when every other game I play is 3 screen

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 01:37 

I have a 95% completed tool

:D

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 01:51 

[quote] I have a 95% completed tool

:)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 01:59 

Has anyone figured out where to put these commands? I cannot find where these commands are i've looked through all the ini's both program files and documents I have tried adding them to all ini's one at a time and still no luck. :x No disrespect to hayden but it sucks that you didn't show us what to do with your solution. I must be missing something :doh

- Path to the config-files is C:Users[Username]DocumentsMy GamesBulletStormStormGameConfig
- Use "BulletstormINIeditor.exe" to modify the file "StormCamera.ini"
- Try "DefaultCameraFOV=135" / "TargetingFOV=95" if you use a 3*1 landscape-setup

IMO this works quite well but has the already mentioned flaws:
During special events like run or slide the fov is not correct resulting in some sort of "wild" gameplay ;)
Maybe Haydens memory-approach can help with this.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 04:46 

[quote][quote] I have a 95% completed tool

:P

95% > 0%

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 14:34 

[quote][quote]

:P

95% > 0%
95% < 100% :(

I tried with the ini fix. I noticed a worse mouse precision, like it's skipping pixels in larger resolutions. I've had that in a few games.

The cutscenes were still messed up so I'm not playing it. I hope you can sort out the problem Hayden!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 15:58 

Here is a list of the FOV settings I changed to make the game playable for me (*note* get the 1.1 version of the ini editor so that you have a find function):

StormCamera.ini

DefaultCameraFOV=150
TargetingFOV=90

StormPawn.ini

Do a search for "fov" and it will come up with a number of settings including running and whipping. Each FOV setting will have a heading in [] above to specify which area of the game the settings are for. I set most of mine to 150 to eliminate zooming all together.

Still looking for the settings to get the movies and cutscenes working though, if anyone knows how to do that I'd appreciate the info.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 16:19 

COPY&PASTE My reply

Slide, Whip, Running and crounched are in DefaultPawn.ini. Normal and Zoomed are in DefaultCamera.ini.

But I do not cutscenes... the rest of the game works great.

This is how I have it, in DefaultPawn.ini, find this:

RUNNING

[StormGame.BSSM_RoadieRun]
SpeedModifierForHeavyMachinegun=1.2
SpeedModifier=1.5
CameraFOV=150

SNIPER

[StormGame.BSSM_SniperShoot]
CameraFOV=90

SLIDE

[StormGame.BSSM_Slide]
SpeedModifier=2.5 ; 2.1
SlideLength=1600 ; 1000
SlideLengthDown=200
SlideLengthUp=200
SlideLengthOverchargeMultiplier=1.6
CameraFOV=150

THUMPER GRENADE

[StormGame.BSSM_ThumperGrenadeThrow]
CameraFOV=140

KICK

[StormGame.BSSM_BulletTime]
CameraFOV=140

That's all, each one set as you like.

Regards,
Puche

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next