Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 03:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2011, 02:24 
Insiders
Insiders

We should file a class-action lawsuit for the repetitive stress injuries from always craning our necks to see the HUD.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 03:20 

New patch out, does it do anything?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 03:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Can't find anythign about 1.3, but here's a list for 1.4 No mention of HUD or Dx11.

PC Changes:
• Vote-kicking feature added.
• Further improvements to anti-cheat measures.
• Objectives are returned if they end up in forbidden areas.
• Fix for Nanosuit Modules that could not be leveled in some circumstances.
• Fix for some instances of errors logging into multiplayer that would report "Could not connect to Gamespy".
• Fix for unlock tokens failing to be awarded if a player quit a game in which they leveled up before the end of the round.
• Fix for inconsistencies with weapon zooming.
• Fix for outdated stats being saved when a client leaves mid-game.
• Fixes to the Nanosuit Reboot option available at level 50.
• Fixed several weapon exploits.
• Fixed a rare issue where auto-aim, stealth kill and grab would not work on an AI.
• Reduced memory footprint of sound.
• Optimized full screen effects on some graphics cards.
• Optimized SSAO on some graphics cards.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 12:37 
Editors
Editors

Hello guys ...
So ... the new patch doesn't help with the HUD in SP and the new Crysis2.exe disables a lot of the Cvars that previously worked for singleplayer ...
There is a way to scale the HUD ... it isn't perfect but some of you may find it better than it currently is.

To use Cvars to scale the HUD you need the need to use the old ... Crysis2.exe ... from before this latest patch.
I don't know if using the old .exe changes other things ... it could well.
I only really play singleplayer co I have only used it there and it seems fine to me but I could be wrong.

So make a backup of your current ... Crysis2.exe ... found here ... C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysis 2bin32
Rename it something like ... 1.4-Crysis2.exe.
Locate the old one found here ... C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysis 2Backup
It will be called ... Crysis2.exe.bk2 ... move it to ... C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysis 2bin32 ... and rename it ... Crysis2.exe

Now ... you can use the command ... hud_cgf_positionBase ... in an autoexec.cfg
I use ...

hud_cgf_positionBase = 1.5

(hud_cgf_positionBase = 1 is the default size I believe)

Before ...

After ...

It isn't on the centre screen but it is better imho.
Any smaller to get it onto the centre screen and it ends up too small.

You can also bind a couple of keys (using the old .exe) so that you can turn the HUD on and off in game ...
Put these lines in your autoexec.cfg ... where the 9 and the 0 are the keys you want to use ...

bind 9 hud_hide 1
bind 0 hud_hide 0

I hope some of you find this helpful ... :D

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 19:45 
Insiders
Insiders

That does seem much better, too bad I just beat the game yesterday (I didn't buy it, hahaha, my dad bought it on steam).

I think the much bigger issues for surround are all the rendering bugs I ran into:

* explosions make your entire screen go black momentarily
* having critically low health turns your entire screen black for several seconds (easy to die this way cause you cant find cover from enemies)
* fire disappears when you get close to it
* various lighting has the wrong size
* clipping into models when getting too close to them

Haven't tried multiplayer for very long since I kept running into a bug where it would disconnect me from any server within a few minutes. Pretty amateur there. I'm not too sad though, it's just MW2 with nanosuits. Whatever happened to Crysis Wars? That was a lot more original. I could see dumbing it down to Bad Company levels, but they went all the way to MW...

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 16:59 

I still haven't unwrapped my copy of this since reading this thread, but notice that the "ultra" patch 1.9 was out last month.

TomsHardware says that it wreaks havoc on 3D Surround (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/crysis-2-directx-11-performance,review-32229.html) but has anybody run this to see if the HUD issue been fixed yet for regular 2D surround?

Or was this fixed in an earlier patch and I'm just waiting around for nothing...? ;-)

Rig 1: Intel i7-4790K Devils Canyon | ASRock Z97X Killer Intel Z97 Socket 1150 | Noctua D15 cooler | 16 GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Corsair AX1200i | 2x EVGA GTX980 4GB ACX2.0 (SLI)

Rig 2: Intel i5-2500K | ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 LGA1155 | Corsair A50 cooler | 4GB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 RAM @1600mhz 6-8-6-24 2T | 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SSD | Corsair AX1200 | 2x Palit GTX580 1.5GB (SLI)

Post subject: QuackingPlums wrote:has
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 01:28 
Editors
Editors

has anybody run this to see if the HUD issue been fixed yet for regular 2D surround?

No, HUD is still spanned.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2011, 17:24 
Insiders
Insiders

They can't even fix the major issues with multi-GPU set-ups, and instead just make the game stealth-disable MSAA which is responsible for most of these issues with SLI/Xfire flickering.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 21:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Game is so dull anyway, you are not missing much