Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 23:05 
Founder
Founder

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Blizzard go to hell with your PoS games without nVsurround support yea right why do I wana play this PoS that only uses 1/3d of my system and a bunch of ppl just going to buy all their epics in 5 minutes with real money and own all the non payers.

BOYCOTT This PoS

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 03:26 

I'd really like to get a GW2 Guild going. We tried with GW1, but it never took off. No monthly fees, and International servers seemed to make it a perfect fit for the WSGF.

When we get a firm release date post up a sticky or something, and I'm in.

Post subject: I could help organize a
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 11:05 
Editors
Editors

I could help organize a clan/guild for us as well.

I already run several things like this and have a good way of organizing information & users.

I never played GW1 much but GW2 if its half as good as they are making it out to be will be really quite great. I cant go back Pay to Play MMO's dont have the money or time for them.

I see the largest challenge for us to have a guild being that we are a pretty small family/user base. So for it to work we would have be all be very active players and possibly even try for organized events/times (and that is always hard to do) for it to work with casual players its much easier with a larger sect of people. As one of the most senior people @ NotebookReview we are planning a GW2 guild there as well and they want me to be an officer, mayhaps we should make it a combined group?

We share computer hardware as a base enthusiasm, just those guys are all about the laptops while most of us here are about the powerful PC's and multi-monitor gaming.

I use my gaming laptop everynight @ work and my multi-monitor pc every day at home so I fit into both :D

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 20:16 

It would be nice to be able to say:

"Omg, this game is blowing my sense!!!"

without everyone on vent thinking you are a batshit looney.

Then you explain that you are seeing it on 3 monitors, and have to go into 20 minutes of detailing how you arn't

1) spoiled
2) crazy
3) forgot your glasses

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 20:49 

this is so sad. their excuse is that surround gaming is for fps games... its sooo much more fun in rpg games! bah!

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 21:22 
Founder
Founder

this is so sad. their excuse is that surround gaming is for fps games... its sooo much more fun in rpg games! bah!

Torchlight ran in eyefinity no problems

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 04:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Same thing as StarCraft II, people who were using EyeFinity would get an advantage over those who didn't, and so the QQing would ensue. Instead they just decided to cut it.

I see their point, its literally a lot more useful in a top down fixed cam RPG since you can see enemies coming off screen that you wouldn't normally, it's kind of a big deal. But it just demonstrates that their game design doesn't apply cleanly to the modern world of PC gaming. I mean hello, add a cam that can move around and a minimap ... 90% solved. The whole use the mouse click to move around is very 90s, players should have an option to use WASD to move around and mouse for camera.

Optimization reason is bollocks. Companies should really stop lying about their reasons not to support Eyefinity.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 00:07 

Hell, I wouldn't even mind it if they used the side monitors for something else. Like a large minimap on one, and your inventory on the other? Its just stupid to have to play with 2 black screens sandwiching you.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 03:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Hell, I wouldn't even mind it if they used the side monitors for something else. Like a large minimap on one, and your inventory on the other? Its just stupid to have to play with 2 black screens sandwiching you.

Believe it or not that's actually a lot more development effort than just to make a game Hor+. Unless they already had resizable/movable UI windows (then you could just expand it to fill the left/right monitors), but virtually no games do (some turn based games do).

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 18:31 
Founder
Founder

Same thing as StarCraft II, people who were using EyeFinity would get an advantage over those who didn't, and so the QQing would ensue. Instead they just decided to cut it.

I see their point, its literally a lot more useful in a top down fixed cam RPG since you can see enemies coming off screen that you wouldn't normally, it's kind of a big deal. But it just demonstrates that their game design doesn't apply cleanly to the modern world of PC gaming. I mean hello, add a cam that can move around and a minimap ... 90% solved. The whole use the mouse click to move around is very 90s, players should have an option to use WASD to move around and mouse for camera.

Optimization reason is bollocks. Companies should really stop lying about their reasons not to support Eyefinity.

Oh really then how come they allow people with better GPU's to play the game with faster framerate, and people to buy all the Starcraft 2 (tm) razer keyboards with macros on them
And how come they allow people just buy their Gear for real money, so a person who spends a lot of $$ will get competative advantage?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next