Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:33 

found a fix for centering tags on the screen:

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/nvidia_surround_and_eyefinity_issues

1. clear all your monitor groups (not in eyefinity menu but in Desktop managment)

2. attach one screen to your middle screen

3. make a big group with your 3 monitors. (at this time all my monitors called #2 (bevore they was #1))

4. set your brezel

5. after that go into the eyefinity menu and set the middle screen to primary

Once I did this it works. No idea if you have to follow all the steps or use the new 11.10 eyefinity menu to set the middle screen as primary, didn't even know they added that feature with the new driver release.

Now all they have to do is fix the light flare problem and we're good to go.

This does not work for everybody and it did not work for me. DICE needs to fix this. not deal with silly 'workarounds'.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 23:13 

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but it did for me and hopefully posting this silly workaround here for others may help them.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 23:30 

I didn't bother with the current 11.10 release, knowing that it's probably older than the preview drivers out now. But hopefully their 11.11 will bring about some performance improvements to our cards. Still waiting on DICE to release a patch for the game... but they're probably swamped with bug reports and ideas/suggestions. Then again, a few things that they need to do to Battlelog is still not done... yet... and I wonder what their plan is for that dev team.

I'm still struggling to get decent kills due to the friendly/foe icons not showing up properly. But oh well. I'll start to get used to seeing what uniform is what w/o having to spot and wait for audio confirmation.

11.10 WHQL has better performance than ver3. The simple workaround to the no icon is to play in windowed mode (may drop fps) and edit GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 1.000000 to 0.4000000

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 23:39 

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but it did for me and hopefully posting this silly workaround here for others may help them.

Sorry, I'm definitely not trashing your workaround. I'm just getting a bit frustrated that this doesn't work properly and DICE hasn't really said anything about it. Its almost 2012, I play games on 3 monitors for a few years now...it should be standard that this stuff works out of the box properly. Especially when they tout that it works in eyefinity before it goes on sale.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 00:08 

found a fix for centering tags on the screen:

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/nvidia_surround_and_eyefinity_issues

Not applicable to Nvidia guys though.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 04:18 

11.10 WHQL has better performance than ver3. The simple workaround to the no icon is to play in windowed mode (may drop fps) and edit GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 1.000000 to 0.4000000

I may give it a try... but given AMD's track record, they may release a preview version soon anyway. So I'll wait 'till mid-November to see if they actually release it.

Playing in windowed mode is not an option for me given my current configuration. Hacking the config file is not a real fix for everyone either. This is is an error on DICE's part and I'd rather have them fix it properly than to be hacking my config file. I've been using a workaround on BC2 for nearly a friggin' year. I do not want to have to do it just to play the game that has been touted as Eyefinity/Surround-ready. DICE acknowledges the problem. That much we know. All we have to do is try to ride it out until they release a fix for it.

Post subject: sixshot wrote:onthemour
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 08:35 

[quote]11.10 WHQL has better performance than ver3. The simple workaround to the no icon is to play in windowed mode (may drop fps) and edit GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 1.000000 to 0.4000000

I may give it a try... but given AMD's track record, they may release a preview version soon anyway. So I'll wait 'till mid-November to see if they actually release it.

Playing in windowed mode is not an option for me given my current configuration. Hacking the config file is not a real fix for everyone either. This is is an error on DICE's part and I'd rather have them fix it properly than to be hacking my config file. I've been using a workaround on BC2 for nearly a friggin' year. I do not want to have to do it just to play the game that has been touted as Eyefinity/Surround-ready. DICE acknowledges the problem. That much we know. All we have to do is try to ride it out until they release a fix for it.

Ya don't bother. It has an old openGL and Rage is totally screwed up..AGAIN grrrr

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 16:28 

Relax, the game has only been out for like a week

I agree, but these issues were not there in the alpha or beta, Looks like no one even played the pc version at dice since then as they were concentrating on the console versions

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 00:34 
Editors
Editors

Good news - it looks like the next patch will correct some of these issues:

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/hud_eyefinity_issues?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7074952

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 18:15 

Hey Guys, got a reply from getsatisfaction.com concerning hud issues in eyefinity for ATI users:

smells_like_wee replied to HUD Eyefinity Issues, a problem about Battlefield 3.

How to fix HUD, player marker, mouse position issues.

As per the this thread http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefiel...

set up your eyefinity as per instructions, and then GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 0.600000 or (03.00000) depending on where you want the mini map and ammo to be.

At this point the hud / player markers still won't work correctly if you try it.

Now in Catalyst Control Center (CCC), go to the desktop management tab, and desktop properties.

Select a resolution down from your native resolution, (this is what res we will be running the game at). So my native monitor res is 5760x1080. But Will set it to 4800x900.

Now load up BF3 and join a game. Prob the loading screen and menu mouse position will be in the wrong places.

Once your in go to the options and video settings and select the non native resolution that we set in CCC of 4800x900. Apply the settings, the game will ask if you want to save the settings click yes. At this point BF3 usually crashes. So alt tab out or ctrl, alt, del and goto task manager to shut it down.

Load BF3 again and join another game. Now hopefully the menu mouse position should be correct. If you go to video settings the new resolution should be saved. Hoorah. BUT if you play you'll prob find the player markers still don't show.

Now exit out of the game. Go back to CCC and in the display properties set your monitor resolution back to the native (max res) ie 5760x1080.

Now load BF3 once more and go get in a game. Now all player markers should show up correctly. Shout hooray and do a little dance now you can tell who your shooting at!! (the game will be running at the reduced resolution).

Not found any way to get rid of the over the top bloom effect although turning down the brightness does help slightly.

You can now change all your other graphic settings till you get the game looking and running well the only thing you must not change is the resolution otherwise you have to start the process again.

There may be other ways to get this done, but this is now working well for me.

2x Sapphire 5770 in xfire and overclocked.

Sorry don't know about nvidia stuff.

Hope this helps guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next