Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:17 
I Donated
I Donated

ekrboi your tha' man! Thanks dude! I can see why you want to get down to some playing now. This looks great! Thanks for sharing! :onethumb:

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:20 

thanks for the update! looks like that does it ill continue to look for tweeks i just notice something that was done causes the left monitor to be darker than the middle and right one and hows in screenshots might of had to do with something when making those few items show on center screen.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:29 

ekrboi wrote:
myths wrote:
yea i change them in jpexs, i just cant convert them back to ba2, i can convert them back into the old bsa or bas format whatever it is, just cant get it to go back into the right ba2 :(

btw 113,400 / 21,600 puts it into 5670x1080

You don't have to compile back to ba2. 3840x720 has been fine. The game scales them.

in your Fallout4/Data directory where Fallout4-Interface.ba2 is located create a folder called "interface". Then you can place your modified swf's in there.

then in your "My Games/Fallout4/Fallout4.ini" locate ""sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\" and change it to "sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, INTERFACE\" and the game will now look for loose files in that "interface" fold you created and use them instead of what is in the ba2 file. You can extract the whole ba2 in there or only the swfs you modify.

below is my interface folder zipped up. I THINK I've fixed most of it at this point. I've centered all the menus that were showing up on the left monitor once the header was changed to 3840x720. Just trying to figure out why some of the text on the bottom still shows up huge. I took out the modified lockpick one since others said it caused a crash. I've not ventured very far with this yet.. just lots of mod swf file -> load game -> check -> exit game -> wash/rinse/repeat ;)

I'm going to start actually playing for a while now.. I'll update this post if I run into issues. If someone uses this please let me know if you run into an issue.

http://damadone.echidna.seedboxes.cc/damadone/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=4f6c0a0cb53ae790e0413110a3508222&download

Nice work Ekreboi, having an issue Scoped Zoom however, its jammed to a 1/4 of center screen.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:36 

kaburan wrote:
Nice work Ekreboi, having an issue Scoped Zoom however, its jammed to a 1/4 of center screen.

delete or rename scopemenu.swf and see if that fixes it. That file may not have needed to be modified.

EDIT.. yea.. I just looked deeper into that one. A LOT going on in there. Would be far too much hassle to fix it to cover the whole screen like it "should". I definitely can't be bothered to do it right now ;) So just delete it so it uses the stock one.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:52 

ekrboi wrote:
kaburan wrote:

delete or rename scopemenu.swf and see if that fixes it. That file may not have needed to be modified.

EDIT.. yea.. I just looked deeper into that one. A LOT going on in there. Would be far too much hassle to fix it to cover the whole screen like it "should". I definitely can't be bothered to do it right now ;) So just delete it so it uses the stock one.

Yeah, I just renamed it to _backup and opened it up in JPEXS.

There's def a ton going on in there, each shape for the crosshairs, etc would need to be adjusted for 21:9 unless there was a way to scale them. Flash guru's would need to look at this stuff.

Ekrboi have you also noticed the crafting icons being tiny?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 06:11 

Everyone is getting the same thing as me correct?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 06:11 

Has anyone figured out the 21:9 Shadow divider issue yet I posted about...? I mean do we seriously have to DISABLE Deferred Lighting ENTIRELY for us not to have that issue?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 06:14 
I Donated
I Donated

@TheWitcher: I don't have a shadow divider issue on my monitor (2560x1080) so maybe it's caused by something else? I'm also using SweetFX.

Thanks to Haldi, I've been trying to edit the files for 21:9 and have a somewhat stable Interface file for now with the main HUD and VATS working for 21:9 resolution. A lot of the other swf files kept causing a crash when doing something such as trying to initiate a conversation or exiting the workshop. I've been trying to test one by one but it's starting to become tedious because you have to open the game and keep playing until you crash.

I would like someone to test the 21:9 interface file and play for around an hour. Report back if your game crashes and try to remember how long it took to crash from the time you started up the game.

Link: (link removed)

EDIT

Screenshots:

My biggest gripe is the Favorites Menu. Changing it doesn't immediately fix it because it's still not positioned properly. I think you have to figure out the X scaling like phant0md mentioned.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 06:41 

TheWitcher wrote:
Has anyone figured out the 21:9 Shadow divider issue yet I posted about...? I mean do we seriously have to DISABLE Deferred Lighting ENTIRELY for us not to have that issue?

Are you playing at 3440x1440? Then yes, seems like that's the only way around it for now. You can try going down to 2560x1080 too, that also removed the shadow glitch for me. So lower res or worse lighting, just pick your poison for now..

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 07:00 
I Donated
I Donated

I'm playing at 5892x1080 and I haven't experienced the shadow issue. I'm using ekrboi's fix. I haven't changed the value either. Maybe it's something to do with the drivers? I'm still using an earlier version.

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 77  Next