Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 20:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 18:25 

ugzz wrote:
So i ran through the thread and fixes last night and I have to say, Damn! a Huge Thanks to everyone who has been helping out! I was hard pressed to find any major flaws with the hud, menu, pip boy etc.

However oddly enough, i hadn't personally experienced the "Dark bar" others were mentioned earlier in the thread, but after doing the fixes and running Surround i started getting that problem. I tend to get it indoors more than out, but it seems like it only happens in certain areas, and even then if i move around it appears and disappears depending where i'm standing and where i'm looking. I had it so bad in the Police Station that it actually made the area unplayable for me. having 2/3 of the screen constantly popping super dark like, then popping back to normal, that was game breaking enough i had to go back to single screen due to it pissing me off.
it was pretty close to some of the others who submitted pics, but mine actually seemed a bit worse, similar to this users pic Image

Did anyone figure out a fix for this? i've been flipping through the thread but i didn't see anything specific to this one, did i miss something?

Thanks

Yup getting the same here, only happens indoors which is weird.

Not game breaking just slightly annoying. Everything else is working perfectly! :)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 19:12 

ugzz wrote:
So i ran through the thread and fixes last night and I have to say, Damn! a Huge Thanks to everyone who has been helping out! I was hard pressed to find any major flaws with the hud, menu, pip boy etc.

However oddly enough, i hadn't personally experienced the "Dark bar" others were mentioned earlier in the thread, but after doing the fixes and running Surround i started getting that problem. I tend to get it indoors more than out, but it seems like it only happens in certain areas, and even then if i move around it appears and disappears depending where i'm standing and where i'm looking. I had it so bad in the Police Station that it actually made the area unplayable for me. having 2/3 of the screen constantly popping super dark like, then popping back to normal, that was game breaking enough i had to go back to single screen due to it pissing me off.
it was pretty close to some of the others who submitted pics, but mine actually seemed a bit worse, similar to this users pic Image

Did anyone figure out a fix for this? i've been flipping through the thread but i didn't see anything specific to this one, did i miss something?

Thanks

Ive been having this same problem. Clowekey from the 21:9 thread posted this.

clowekey wrote:
Hello everyone.
I came across a fix for lighting bug which causes a "dark rectangle" to appear on your screen.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =551651145

Change bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1 to 0 in your Fallut4Pref.ini

Remember to do this for both folders!

(C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\)
AND
(steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4)

Someone said that it changes the graphical appearance, but if anything has changed, I haven't noticed.

I personally haven't notice a difference in graphics. Im able to play the game now with all the fixes and no grey bar going across half my screen.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 19:50 

Reporting in with my results after following the "5 simple steps" running 6088x1200

After messing with different res settings since my default resolution isn't XXXX x 1080 like most, I found that fallout 4 doesn't seem to be changing my desktop resolution at all. After trial and error with making the HUDs fit right on various combinations of INI res vs desktop res I found that mine fit best when both were set to my native bezel comped 6088x1200 (better than if I set them both to 5760x1200 or 5760x1080 or any combination of these). The only thing that is cut off is 1/2 my ammo display which I will attempt to live without until there is a fix that is not hard coded to 5760x1080.

Issues I have noticed include the building systems icons are super small, and the guns on the weapon bench previews appear at 1/3 the width they should.

Edit: almost forgot, running a 980TI and 2500K @ 4.5Ghz Running around sanctuary and fighting codsworth for testing purposes is getting me a steady 45-60FPS averaging @ 52 or so. Everything is running ultra except Shadow distance is set to Medium and Godlights are on high. More FPS tests and optimization to come this weekend.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 20:25 

McSquid wrote:
Reporting in with my results after following the "5 simple steps" running 6088x1200

After messing with different res settings since my default resolution isn't XXXX x 1080 like most, I found that fallout 4 doesn't seem to be changing my desktop resolution at all. After trial and error with making the HUDs fit right on various combinations of INI res vs desktop res I found that mine fit best when both were set to my native bezel comped 6088x1200 (better than if I set them both to 5760x1200 or 5760x1080 or any combination of these). The only thing that is cut off is 1/2 my ammo display which I will attempt to live without until there is a fix that is not hard coded to 5760x1080.

Issues I have noticed include the building systems icons are super small, and the guns on the weapon bench previews appear at 1/3 the width they should.

Edit: almost forgot, running a 980TI and 2500K @ 4.5Ghz Running around sanctuary and fighting codsworth for testing purposes is getting me a steady 45-60FPS averaging @ 52 or so. Everything is running ultra except Shadow distance is set to Medium and Godlights are on high. More FPS tests and optimization to come this weekend.

Hey man i'm using 6080x1200 resolution, you have to edit the Fallout4.ini located in documents\MyGames\Fallout4. Try those settings.

[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=300.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1350.0

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 20:34 

Superbee726 wrote:
ugzz wrote:

Thanks

clowekey wrote:
Hello everyone.
I came across a fix for lighting bug which causes a "dark rectangle" to appear on your screen.

AND

Someone said that it changes the graphical appearance, but if anything has changed, I haven't noticed.

I personally haven't notice a difference in graphics. Im able to play the game now with all the fixes and no grey bar going across half my screen.

Yea this is what has been plauging the 3440 x 1440 users aside from the broken hud.

One thing I will say, all the users on reddit and steam forums that get this bug were running 780/780ti. A few with 980ti chimed in reporting they were NOT experiencing the dark screen. I'm at 3440x1440 with a 980ti but I haven't fired up the game yet.

Can I ask what GPU you're running?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 21:20 

Sepp666 wrote:
McSquid wrote:

Hey man i'm using 6080x1200 resolution, you have to edit the Fallout4.ini located in documents\MyGames\Fallout4. Try those settings.

[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=300.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1350.0

+1 to you sir. These settings work perfectly for 6088x1200. Ammo bar is no longer cut off. Cheers!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 22:23 

latexyankee wrote:
Superbee726 wrote:
ugzz wrote:

Thanks

clowekey wrote:
Hello everyone.

AND

Yea this is what has been plauging the 3440 x 1440 users aside from the broken hud.

One thing I will say, all the users on reddit and steam forums that get this bug were running 780/780ti. A few with 980ti chimed in reporting they were NOT experiencing the dark screen. I'm at 3440x1440 with a 980ti but I haven't fired up the game yet.

Im running a 980ti and dont have that Problem...

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 23:05 

latexyankee wrote:
Superbee726 wrote:
ugzz wrote:

Thanks

clowekey wrote:
Hello everyone.

AND

I had this issue before doing the ini change, I have not played enough to say if it is gone or not, but I assume it is, ill let you know for sure later tonight. That said I have a GTX 780.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 23:36 

This very interesting. Me thinks it could be a driver issue. I haven't seen one post yet on any forum with a 980ti user having the 2/3 dark screen issue. Seems it's regulated to 780/ti users.

For what it's worth it happens to anyone running a res over 2560x1440 on a 780 series gpu. 4k users are affected too. Hopefully this will help out, everyone here is way smarter than me.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 00:29 

It's not just 780 GPU users, I had the same shadow artifact on SLI GTX 580's @ 5760x1200. Turning off bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting fixed it for me, and I haven't noticed what effect I'm missing after doing that (so it's fine for me).

Now if NVIDIA/Bethesda can just get an SLI profile update out so I'm not chugging along @ 15-30fps...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 77  Next