Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 20:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 22:30 

Where do I go to check the status or find out when the Fix by Hayden is done?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 23:58 

Hi everybody. I am just stopping in to report that I have found success with this tool http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?tab=2 for my 7680x1440 configuration.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 02:27 

Is there any chance of getting this ultra squished magazine image fixed (as well as all those 'Examine Object' images)? I find it to be at this moment, the most annoying thing. Completely unnecessary as well:

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 02:46 

I've downloaded the new interface file, I've adjusted my ini files, I've got everything running great in 5760x1080 except for the damn pip boy.

The pip boy screen is all smashed up and I can't seem to fix it.

[ { } ]

That is how my pipboy screen looks. I've tried adjusting the fov in game, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 02:53 
Editors
Editors

try adding this in you ini
[Display]
fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 02:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for the work, folks. I was soooo cheesed to see such poor wide support. I run PLP at 5246x1440, and as it is now, my HUD is centered (with a bit of vertical stretch), and the Pipboy is peachy. I haven't encountered any other interface yet, but hey, so far it works, and i can see what i need to.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 03:28 

tonycubed2 wrote:
tricky wrote:
For anyone that wants to reprogram the keys, here is my AutoHotkey script, it only swaps the keys while the game is active, working great for me as I always use all the numpad keys to move, reload, open etc.

Running smooth as butter at 5760x1080 on a single 980Ti, ultra everything + SweetFx, so not sure why some of you are getting < 60 fps.

https://www.autohotkey.com
"Fallout4Keys.ahk"

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive ahk_exe Fallout4.exe
{
a::Numpad1
w::Numpad8
s::Numpad2
d::Numpad3

e::Numpad0
LCtrl::NumpadDiv
Tab::NumpadMult
f::NumpadAdd
g::Numpad9
v::Numpad5
q::Numpad7
r::NumpadDot

Numpad1::a
Numpad8::w
Numpad2::s
Numpad3::d

Numpad0::e
NumpadDiv::LCtrl
NumpadMult::Tab
NumpadAdd::f
Numpad9::g
Numpad5::v
Numpad7::q
NumpadDot::r
}

How do you use this? And does this assign movement keys to the arrow keys?

Install AutoHotkey
rt-click on desktop -> new -> autohotkey script -> Name it something like "Fallout4Keys.ahk"
rt-click on "Fallout4Keys.ahk" and select edit script
Paste in my code, then edit to your preferences...

e.g. this means when Numpad1 is pressed, send "a" so the game sees strafe left
Numpad1::a

So then you bind in the game to whatever keys you DON'T want to actually use, e.g. so i can press numpad5 for vats I have assigned it to "v" in the game.

Numpad5::v

In the first half of the code, I assign the keys in the other direction, but not needed.

Finally, the cool thing is that the key swaps only happen when Fallout4.exe is running and in the foreground, so you can run the script in your Startup folder if you want (I do).

You can add more games copying the structure so each only runs for that game.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 13:21 

tooterfish wrote:
Hi everybody. I am just stopping in to report that I have found success with this tool http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?tab=2 for my 7680x1440 configuration.

Success in what context? that mod doesn't affect anything to do with eyefinity / surround? Or has it been updated..

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 17:00 

Question for the vets/power users here.

How long does it usually take for HaYden to complete a plugin? I am not complaining whatsoever, I'm just ocd about my games and I refresh this page every hour for week lol. I just wondered if there is a "usual" time frame for these things like a month or 2?

That said I am extremely grateful for all the info, and i can actually play the game. Havent messed with the green boxes yet as im on 21:9 and will readup on the last 8 pages.

When this is all said and done i will be making a donation, thanks to this site and the intelligence of you guys i was able to play since thursday.

Thank you

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 17:08 

Haldi wrote:
Now the only thing that's left is the "Enter" and "Esc" Key prompt menue....
Same goes for the "Press ALT to keep breath" in the sniper mode, couldn't find that in the ScopeMenu.swf :(
I do have the brackets left and right, but no clue about Shade/Background ^^

Try looking in BSButtonHintBar.swf or ButtonBarMenu.swf, I think there are some more UseShadedBackground variables you can set to false in there that will get rid of it on the prompt menu (maybe on the scope menu too).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 77  Next