Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 17:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 23:45 

I heard that GTR2 crashes when run online in triplehead. Any truth to that, James?

I never tried online but I heard of problemes in mp.

does not work online....

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=268463

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 11:26 

I went through the gamut of support e-mailings and calls etc... to both Matrox (who were very helpful, if not successful) and to SimBin/10Tacle (who were totally useless) and ended up finding out the lower res trick from a GTR2 League teammate who also runs a TH2G.

The TH2G will work online but not in 3840X1024. The game has to be run at 2400X600 and then will work without issue online.

It's a strange problem for sure but if you crank the AA and AF it actually doesn't look so bad at 2400X600 and you can play online.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 15:39 

I went through the gamut of support e-mailings and calls etc... to both Matrox (who were very helpful, if not successful) and to SimBin/10Tacle (who were totally useless) and ended up finding out the lower res trick from a GTR2 League teammate who also runs a TH2G.

The TH2G will work online but not in 3840X1024. The game has to be run at 2400X600 and then will work without issue online.

It's a strange problem for sure but if you crank the AA and AF it actually doesn't look so bad at 2400X600 and you can play online.

Any news about the online/multiplayer bug in GTR 2? Any solution? :idea:

That is my primary game and I always race online. It is very unfortunate if it cannot be played online in 1680x1050x3. Lower than that I'd rather play with one screen in native 1900x1200. :(

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 17:59 

I haven't heard of any fix. I just ran a 6-week race series online in GTR2, using a resolution of 2400x600. It's true that is doesn't look bad atthis res with the image quality cranked all the way up (I used 16x AF, 16xQ AA, High Quality settings, etc.).

Of course the GUI is stretched, but I can live with that. A bigger problem is that the in-game chat is stretched as well. Trying to read text a the top of your three screens, while driving, is close to an impossibility if you want to keep racing well. So I just ignore it. Often it's a good idea to ignore chat while racing anyway, but of course you can miss something important.

Another problem I had is with the GTR2-XD HUD addon. This little program puts a lot of information on the screen that isn't there by default, such as tire temps and wear, brake and engine temps, fuel burn rate, timing and scoring, etc. In real life you don't get to see these things while you're driving, but in real life you also have a race engineer / crew chief to evaluate the same stuff in the pits and talk to you on the radio. At 2400x600, the GTR2-XD overlays are quite ugly. Still, the racing is good, the info is needed, and the overlay positions are customizable. Given that, it's worth the ugliness. Before this race series I didn't use GTR2 much (I tend to race more in rFactor), but I got used to it and adapted just fine. The resolution itself never bothered me once.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2009, 23:44 

Well in that case I rather use my original screen resolution 1900x1200. I also race in a league and use GTR2-XD by the way.

How hard do you think it is for Simbin to release a fix for this server problem? The game itself works fine with 5040x1680 played locally.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 04:23 

I heard that GTR2 crashes when run online in triplehead. Any truth to that, James?

NO, I've not played much online due to internet, but via lan is fine where I've setup three systems and all worked fine with my one sys using TH2G.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 15:31 

The GTR 2 server does not allow high resolutions, the user will be kicked out from the server. It has nothing to do with TripleHead, only the high resolution. But who uses TripleHead without high resolution? :roll: