Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 22:21 

Actually I have to correct myself, I recall that there is thee ability change FOV in Vegas.

From my expierence, games are becoming extremely compatible with TH2G. The reason for this is the widespread adoption of widescreen displays. Now you'll notive all new games don't have much solid frame work in the HUD. Instead the health, ammo, time, etc. are displayed as floating objects that shift with the corners of the screen.

I'd like to see more developers allow for custom control of the placement ofHUD items. It used to be possible to move the different meters and gauges in HL2 to anywhere you wanted. This can be useful if you want to move the minimap slightly closer to the center of your vision, for example. Making this an industry stantard would be nice.

In the STALKER beta widescreen and triplehead work splendidly, but the engine is a real beast. But it's designed to be realistic, so it's actually computing the affect of crosswinds on the bullets and such. Still it doesn't look as good as Crysis. They should have just licensed the U3 engine, lol.

My Unreal Engine 3 game of choice right now is Frontlines. It's got a great team and is looking pretty fun.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 22:25 

Matrox seemed to have little if any success getting game companies to make this a priority back in the Parhelia days. In fact, I think I remember them pulling there game developer liason off that responsibility at some point.

Has this changed at all with TH2Go? Any idea if they are making headway?

I think the problem back then was everything was 4:3. There frankly was very little reason to change aspect ratios. Widescreens are still coming into popularity, and game companies now realize that they need to be flexible with aspect ratios or they are going to lose sales.

Once you break the mold from 1 aspect ratio to 2, it is very easy to say "while we are at it lets add TH2G resolutions." For example, I have not run into a game yet that natively supports widescreen that did not support TH2G natively (granted I'm still exploring and new to the market).

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 08:28 

I have a 50" tv which i have played games on and i would have to say that Triple Head 2 Go is much more enjoyable experience for games and regular computing than a really big tv