Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Sep 2024, 20:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 09:58 

Is any chance to provide compatibility of Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific with TripleHead2Go? I have tried to edit file Main.cfg but had not got any success.

Way to Main.cfg:

C:Program FilesUbisoftSilent Hunter Wolves of the PacificDataCfgMain.cfg

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 00:48 

I have tried and searched for the same thing for SH3 but was not succesfull :(

PostPosted: 14 May 2008, 20:00 

i'm trying to do the exact same thing here (SH4)... and i got it to display at 3Head resolution...

there is another main.cfg file... not in the installation folder :roll:
go to my documentssh4datacfg and it'll be there... that's the config file for your account... the other one is just there as a default i think

still i'm having some trouble... while i did get it to display at 3840x1024... the game's still unplayable at that resolution... simply because you can't click on the buttons that are on the bottom of the screen... and i'm not talking about in-game buttons... the main menu buttons are unreachable, so i couldn't even start any missions to see if it worked in-game :roll:

i've been messing with the resolution parameters, but to no avail... i couldn't get the aspect ratio to change... and the game is completely Vert- ...to the point that even the menu buttons are cut out of the screen and can't be reached... so i ask:

does anyone know of a way around this?? can this game be made into Hor+ in any way??

thanks in advance

HarvesteR

PostPosted: 14 May 2008, 21:22 

ok i've done some more testing... and found some interesting facts...

i managed to play SH4 in triple head by first starting a game in a normal res, saving, then restarting the game in TH2GO res, and loading the saved game...

i then realized that SH4, like it's predecessor, also has a fixed resolution... even though there is an option for the screen res on the main menu, it only alters the window size and UI graphics... the actual rendered pixels never change size... so what happens when you play it on TH2GO resolutions is that the actual pixels are HUGE... and it seems you're playing something from the eighties :roll:

the UI appears to be drawn differently from the rest of the game... instead of being cut out of the screen or exploding in a mass of giant pixels, it just sits there on the bottom of the screen (which is now so wide, the toolbar is divided in half with the buttons on the left monitor, and the speed rudder and depth dials on the right)

and to top it off... this game is vert - ...and many of the in-game screens get cut out on top and bottom, while others stretch and work fine... but any 3d view is cut drastically and the resulting tunnel vision makes using these views almost impossible...

unless someone finds a way to tweak the FOV in this game, it will remain completely incompatible with triple head :(

too bad... this game has massive potential for triple head gaming

Cheers

HarvesteR