Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2008, 03:04 

hey fighter you think i should write a letter too?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2008, 06:04 

[quote]I feel quite the opposite honestly. I'd rather leave some cheaters than ban legimate players.

The main issue is this: Neither Even Balance or IW care about such a small group of gamers. The fix will have to come from the community.

To be perfectly honesty, using my fixer is modifying the games code which is against the rules and is technically illegitimate. However, this was never meant to be any kind of hack or cheat in any way. I am simply trying to support more displays and aspect ratios. I will continue to do what I can, but I also like to go about it in official and supported ways. I like to directly contact publishers or developers and see where I can get with this. Even then, there's only so much I can do.
I understand that as well, but you are only filling a need that the devs left us.

To everyone else--it never hurts to send emails to people and ask them for help.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2008, 07:28 

I started a thread about it on IW's forum :D

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forumopic=10929.0

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2008, 10:48 

Well, respect is due for taking the issue to them, but typically, posting about this sort of thing on gaming forums ends up with non-widescreen/triplehead people moaning about us lot having an unfair advantage, or what have you.

At least it did with the Bioshock incident. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2008, 22:24 

Well, respect is due for taking the issue to them, but typically, posting about this sort of thing on gaming forums ends up with non-widescreen/triplehead people moaning about us lot having an unfair advantage, or what have you.

No more of an advantage than playing with the latest cpu/gpu i think 8)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2008, 01:30 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Well, respect is due for taking the issue to them, but typically, posting about this sort of thing on gaming forums ends up with non-widescreen/triplehead people moaning about us lot having an unfair advantage, or what have you.

No more of an advantage than playing with the latest cpu/gpu i think 8)

Yeah I hate the advantage argument, absolute rubbish. When I first got back into PC gaming after a long time 'idle' I played BF2 with my mates. I borrowed a laptop, as I was still building my new PC, and it was rubbish. Because I had to put the draw distance right down I was getting pwned left, right and centre*. I remember being in the back of a jeep and the driver screaming at me over the voip 'shoot the parachutists!'. 'what f@*&$(^& parachutists?' came my reply..pause..pause..pause..'oh those parachutists!'
So every game should have the draw distance reduced to whatever the minimum spec PC can handle so as not to give an unfair advantage to those with a good GPU :roll:
M1.9P
Edit:* oh and I was getting pwned cos I was crap ;)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2008, 08:12 

Anyone else agree with my reasoning? If you have triple monitor, 8800's, th2g, awesome cpu, etc, etc. You SHOULD be able to have that extra fov. You paid a lot more for it, right?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008, 02:56 

I ain't agreeing or disagreeing but ponder this:

should an athlete be able to compete and keep his/her winnings if he/she's bought the most expensive (not allowed) drugs?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008, 06:11 
Insiders
Insiders

I ain't agreeing or disagreeing but ponder this:

should an athlete be able to compete and keep his/her winnings if he/she's bought the most expensive (not allowed) drugs?

I think the question is should an athelete be allowed to compete if he/his sponsors/his country spent milions of dollars on traing, equipment, physios etc etc etc. Money means you compete better, the same in pretty much every sport.
However, that is a null arument, because you either have one graphics (resolution, FOV, view distance, frames per second, minimum lag etc- even same mouse dpi :shock: ) for all; which is perfectly fair, or you allow people to use their hardware- it is not a wall hack, or a aim bot, it is an extra amount of FOV!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 01:46 

True but something like a mouse surface or 'gaming mouse' is hardly comparable. Think of it as a scale difference. Let's say you use 1920x1200 instead of the regular 1600x1200. You gain 15-20% visual data. A mouse surface + mice deal at best might improve things by a couple %, and that's if you're skilled enough to use the extra dpi and all that jazz. Most of the other 'bonuses' you mentionned aren't that great in improvement either.

(on a personal note, all gaming mice I've tried have been worse then my tried and true standard 800 dpi intellimouse explorer, and that one doesnt jitter about making itself almost useless in normal use).

I do agree that I've gotten the hardware and all and should be allowed to use it, but those rules are severely subjective in reasonning. But then, I don't game online, I've never seen the point to it.

Btw TH2G's standard 3840x1024 is almost 50% more screen real estate then 1600x1200, thats a bit much to be considered an edge rather then an all out class difference.

Truthfully though, they should just make it yet another server based rule that you can allow on a server host's discretion basis. Like allowing downloadable skins (which some people can use to make themselves invisible)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next