Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 14:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 22:02 

So if ONE guy has a crappy Mouse everyone else is cheating...
but if ONE guy at the server has 3 screens and is owning everyone else he just has spent more money then the other XX Players so its ok?

and with higher resolution you dont see more you just have to aim more precisly... i mean how much pixels can you hit if you run at 640*480 compared to a high resolution?

and everyone who is really into online FPS gaming should have a decent mouse / keyboard setup.. and if not... well own fault ;P

one guy at a Lan i remember we made a little 1on1 Tournament... had a crappy Microsoft Wireless Mouse and got owned all the time... after that LAN he bought a Logitech... still got owned... but not THAT hard anymore ;P

you won't even see some opponents in the distance when playing FPS on low res.
it isn't cheating in both cases, imho.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 03:20 

Just an FYI.... Crysis worked right out of the box in TH2G and supported 3840X1024 as well as 3072X800.

I'm still having problems with my TH2G with RACE07 and MotoGP 08.

Mark I know you've asked for screen shots, I hope to have time this weekend, work has kept me busy and out-of-town mostly lately!

Thanks for Matrox support of this site and WSG
Rnadall

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 13:31 

I vote like this, with some examples of games that in my experience work best with surroundgaming.

1: racing----colin mcrae dirt (thanks for the 3D menues you can navigate perfectly in the game, and the FOV are perfectly adjusted automaticly).

2: First person shooters----Quake III, Unreal Tournament (the first one), Crysis, and best of all: battlefield 1942 or BF2 with fov hack ( just can't understand why EA don't allow for adjustable FOV in those games:()

3: RTS----World in Conflict ( they really listened to me and others that mailed them about multiscreen and surroundgaming support, though they could slightly improve the surroundgaming yet)

4: Flight simulators---works very good I guess, pity those games are so boring to day (the old ATF game is still the best flight sim for multiplayer i ever played).

5: RPG----could be good also, if they fixed the fov problem. The only advantage now is that you can have many in game windows open when you play.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 16:23 
Editors
Editors

I'd buy a TripleHead for the space-sims I play. :D

I have visions of X3 Reunion in TH. Man, that would look good.

Other than that, racing and flight sims are probably what profits the most. FPS after that RTS and RPG.

The idea of Civ 2 on TH is also oddly appealing. ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008, 04:07 

I don't own any TH solutions but I voted for flight sims. tbh though, like JohnnyWakko said, there isn't a game that wouldn't benefit from 3 monitors. I'd more likely play a FPS or MMORPG, and in those genres I'd see extra, and have more room for UI elements. There'd also be added immersion in pretty much any game. Like widescreens, I can only see the plus side of it, really.

Post subject: All of them
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 00:44 

This might seem like an easy answer, but as far as I'm concerned they're ALL equally great for TH2G! I love playing MS Flight Simulator X and Ghost Recon with my TH2G and I can't wait to play Bioshock with the TH2G. (The newest patch provides TH2G support!)

RPG might not use it as much, but that depends on the gameplay and how the game is designed.

As far as I'm concerned, every game should provide TH2G support.

Post subject: Re: th2go
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 10:42 

I would love to see the triplehead take off and all games support it natively. Also it would be nice if some monitor manufacturer incorporated this feature - removable side bezels! With some way of locking the screens together.

With one of those monitor mount systems, that would be ubersecks. *drools a bit thinking about it* NEC and Alienware can kiss interlocking LCD monitor ass.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 23:29 

I'd buy a TripleHead for the space-sims I play. :D

I have visions of X3 Reunion in TH. Man, that would look good.

Other than that, racing and flight sims are probably what profits the most. FPS after that RTS and RPG.

The idea of Civ 2 on TH is also oddly appealing. ;)

SPACE-SIM?@?@?@ :o I always wanted to play a space sim....

Also, if Civ 4 worked on triplehead...well you would sell me! Get with 2K and Firaxis.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2008, 15:02 

I voted for MMOs.

I can appreciate the popularity of racing games and flight sims with TH, but my personal draw would be the beautiful landscapes of an MMO.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008, 10:13 

To be honest, I think you can classify it as games played from a first person perspective vs games played from other perspectives. I think I get the most from my TripleHead2Go when I'm looking out through my characters eyes, weather it's a Sim or a first person shooter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next