Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Oct 2024, 17:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 07:22 

hey guys, im in need of help, i just upgraded my OS from windows XP to windows 7.

while i was on windows XP i was able to game on both monitors at 3386x1050 by just extending the desktop in the nvidia control panel. now it seems windows 7 has taken out this feature and i am not able to game on both my monitors, is there anyway i can game on both monitors without using software? or buying any hardware.

if there is any simple software to use that would be good i guess

if not back to windows XP for me

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 07:26 

Why do you want to span your desktop on 2? Windows 7 should recognized 2 separate monitors with no problems.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 07:27 

i would like to game on both monitors like i was able to on windows XP.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 16:40 

you need a TH2G or an ATI AMD 5000 series card,

i am in the same boat.

but i couldnt do it in Windows 7, until i got either TH2G or an ATI 5000 series card (i bought HD5770)

if you span horizontally side by side, left and right, you can do this with TH2G and AMD DX11 card. (yes u will see taskbar span acrros all monitors)

i actually needed vertical spanning.. (XP was friggin awesome)

if you want vertical (up and town, with monitors situated top and bottom)you can only do it with the AMD ATi Card.

PLUS, if your on Windows 7, you need to have the retail version, spanning with the ATi AMD Card might not always work in the Windows 7 RC Evaluation version...

good luck..

with out these you have to deal with windows extended desktop, meaning that you can not run some games in full screen properly

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2009, 18:48 
Insiders
Insiders

hey guys, im in need of help, i just upgraded my OS from windows XP to windows 7.

while i was on windows XP i was able to game on both monitors at 3386x1050 by just extending the desktop in the nvidia control panel. now it seems windows 7 has taken out this feature and i am not able to game on both my monitors, is there anyway i can game on both monitors without using software? or buying any hardware.

if there is any simple software to use that would be good i guess

if not back to windows XP for me

Windows lost the span modes when they changed from DirectX 9 to DirectX 10 in Vista. Personally, I thought is was wrong for nVidia to drop the feature as many people grew to expect and take the capability for granted.