Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Sep 2024, 20:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2008, 21:09 

I would like to get duel or maby even triple monitor setup with my pc. Cuz i like to video edit and have other programs running at once and i just dont have enough space. Im not too big into pc gaming but i realy am into consule gaming (360). My ? is when i do get my duel or triple monitor set up can i some how use my xbox 360 vga cord to link to my duel or triple setup and have my view evenly distributed. What would i have to do or buy to somehow spread the screen across the duel or triple monitors. Thanks for any answers :D

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2008, 22:00 

The 360 doesn't support Dual/Triple monitors, no console does.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2008, 23:49 

The 360 doesn't support Dual/Triple monitors, no console does.
Actually, the 360 supports triple monitor setups (technically quad). But here's the catch: It only works for Forza 2, and you need a copy of Forza 2 and a 360 for each monitor.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 03:35 

is it possible to run the xbox some how through the pc which in turn would split it up

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 03:47 
Insiders
Insiders

It would look terrible. Don't do it.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 04:16 

It is theoretically possible but EVERYTHING would be streched and it would take lots of tweaking to make it work anywhere near well.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 17:26 

Syris,

Your goal is nice, but there is a reason there is still a strong contingent of PC gamers. Peripherals that greatly add to a gaming experience (Triplehead, TrackIR, advanced joysticks, etc.) cannot be used on consoles, for the most part. If you want any triplehead action other than Forza 2, you will need to game on a PC.

If you are just looking for more desktop workspace on your PC, you don't need anything special. You can hook two monitors to most GPUs, and use a cheap secondary GPU for a third monitor.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 17:38 
Editors
Editors

@[email protected]

Please reduce the number of lines in your sig as per the forum rules ...

From the profile page ...
Signature:
Use this block of text to display your system specs. There is a 512 character limit. Please no images.

Please keep the text (colored text is fine) between sizes 9 and 11 (using BB Code). Run your specs horizontally (rather than vertically), and limit to four lines at normal forum width.

Thank you .... 8)

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 23:52 

i think a triple head setup is a sound investment even if you're only going to use it for work...

you get so much work space with 3 monitors, that it's nigh on impossible going back after you take the leap... especially for video editing/compositing and other timeline programs, having 3 screens makes it all much easier

i've configured most of my programs to span across 3 screens, except 3Ds Max, which spans 2, and the other is left for dialogs and other popup screens... it makes a world of difference

even if you dont have a triple-wide program running, having the other screens around you makes it much easier to manage files and other stuff...

i'd recommend it... definately

and about the xbox thing... i agree... would be just way too much trouble to be worth it... better off playing it on a nice big telly :wink:

Cheers

HarvesteR

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 20:09 

i think a triple head setup is a sound investment even if you're only going to use it for work...

you get so much work space with 3 monitors, that it's nigh on impossible going back after you take the leap...
Hell yes. even for internet use (I am a member of a LOT of forums), it is amazing. I have two browser windows open right now. One has six tabs running, the other has eight running. It makes shopping (browsing for a HDTV) so much easier.