Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 03:56 

The hope for higher res TH is DisplayPort, unless I'm mistaken? I guess we'll have to see if Matrox pull some tricks for a DisplayPort TH2Go unit

´normal´ Displayport bandwidth is similar than hdmi/dvi dual link. Displayport 1.2 has double bandwidth, surely better, but still not enough for 3x2560x1600, so Displayport 1.2 only would enable 3x1920x1200 (althougth it could work at 3x25x16 at 49fps, due to maths).

Maybe hydra don´t work as we would like, but if it does, not only will allow 3x2560x1600, also it will do with more than one gpu working on it.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 04:32 
Insiders
Insiders

The problem with hoping Hydra will work is I seriously don't think Lucid realizes there is a market for surround gaming. They've gotta realize it first before they can make it work. :wink:

It's one thing to make a chip load balance for multi-GPU, and a whole different thing to load balance for multi-mon. It's 2 very fundamentally different ways of doing things. Overall, they're technically the exact opposite of eachother. I'm all for you guys informing Lucid about surround gaming and hope for the best though.

I just as soon prefer nVidia get a clue, take a look at SoftTH and make a CUDA load balanced multi-span setup at driver level. nVidia is one of the largest clueless parts of the equation though. They dominate the surround-gaming market, yet they don't even acknowledge it as a consumer base for their hardware. All the players in video card development are still stuck in the past solely fixated on multi-GPU to single display as a viable way to sell more video cards. It's really a shame they don't see multi-GPU could be capable of also pushing multi-display in a more meaningful way too. 90% of the battle is making a corporation realize there is money to be had in the development of something.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 18:41 

The problem with hoping Hydra will work is I seriously don't think Lucid realizes there is a market for surround gaming. They've gotta realize it first before they can make it work. :wink:

... All the players in video card development are still stuck in the past solely fixated on multi-GPU to single display as a viable way to sell more video cards. It's really a shame they don't see multi-GPU could be capable of also pushing multi-display in a more meaningful way too. 90% of the battle is making a corporation realize there is money to be had in the development of something.
So very true. They won't even support span mode in Vista. :x