Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 10:31 

I have been running Dirt 2 in Eyefinity from the first day of the PC game launch . With a total resolution of 5670 X 1200 with 2 X 5870's in crossfire with the 9.12 hotfix.
I've posted this on the codemasters forum. but everyone here has been helpful and I'm hoping someone maybe of experienced something like this before with other games or might be able to help narrow down the culprit. whether it be the game ,steam, or driver or anything else.

I have had no Issues with Dirt 2. Up until today. When I launched Dirt 2 from Steam today it only displayed in a 1920 X 1200 resolution. The other 2 (outside) monitors lost signal as the game launched. I went to graphics settings and seen that it was set to 1920 X 1200. I set it back to 5670 X 1200 and saved setting, and then immediately had a black screen. Game was running in the background.

No mater what I did the resolution would always revert back to 1920 X 1200. Most likely because the other two monitors lose there signal as the game begins .

I have switched DVI cables around. and still the same thing. It is always the two outside monitors. . My desktop works in eyefinity fine , and I have tried other games in My eyefinity set up and they all work perfect. so. I don't believe it is a hardware/driver Issue. I have been running the hotfix and have had no problems with the Dirt Game. I dont know if this is related to Steam or the Game itself.

The only thing I did prior to this was the day before. When I preformed two in game benchmarks. (The benchmark tool in the game). I did one benchmark with the eyefinity at 5670 X 1200. and then I disabled my Eyefinity and ran a benchmark with just one monitor at 1920 X 1200. I then re-enabled the Eyefinity. and retired for the night.

Oh yeah I removed Dirt and reinstalled. but I really dont think it did any good anyway. because I still had all saved levels on the game after reinstall . So I don't think it uninstalled it completely.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 16:52 

Does it happen to other games now too or just Dirt 2?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 17:24 

My desktop works in eyefinity fine , and I have tried other games in My eyefinity set up and they all work perfect.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 21:55 

[quote]
My desktop works in eyefinity fine , and I have tried other games in My eyefinity set up and they all work perfect.

Sorry, my reading comprehension is lacking in the morning :lol:

Try deleting C:UsersUsernameDocumentsMy GamesDiRT2hardwaresettings

and starting the game.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 23:48 

[quote][quote]

Sorry, my reading comprehension is lacking in the morning :lol:

Try deleting C:UsersUsernameDocumentsMy GamesDiRT2hardwaresettings

and starting the game.

It's all good.

I tried it . and it worked . Problem resolved. Thanks man!!

Not only that, but my FPS increased by 14 FPS.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 07:18 

Went to graphics for the first time sense I did this and noticed that I no longer have the built-in benchmark in dirt 2 listed anymore . I wonder if deleting both files in hardware settings did this . If so it increased my FPS from low 50's to mid 70's

Nevermind . it apears that if you have already chose a game it wont show the benchmark in options. it's there again.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 14:16 

I come to this thread to say that i used to apply this "patch" (deleting C:UsersUsernameDocumentsMy GamesDiRT2hardwaresettings) with Catalyst 9.12 with hotfixes.

I recently upgrade to Catalyst 10.2 and now there are no problems, i can play Dirt2 in 3x1 Eyefinity @ 5760x1080 with Crossfire and Dx11 enabled and it is really smooth and speed...