Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 17:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2007, 01:27 

Good to know, I also have it though I have to re-order one.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2007, 11:36 

To those with TH2Go digital ed. and 2 or more (or even 1) 1920x1200 monitors.. could you test the dual-link capability of TH2Go and the quality of the image split at the full maximum resolution of 3840x1200 digitally.. and no cropping and image adjustment needed?

Thanks.

I have the DH2Go digital that was suppose to do 1920x1200 x2.. (through analog RAMDAC) it was semi doable.. the best I coud do is one full screen monitor and one with 1/4 of the screen chopped off.. however resolution/clear/readable text is crap. Even all other smaller 2 screen resolution are unacceptable/un-doable. the DCC identification of device seems to be non-functional. I may have a dud ... so claim warranty soon..

Soooo.... will the TH2Go digital split the image perfectly ... before I dunk my money on it....

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2007, 04:59 

To those with TH2Go digital ed. and 2 or more (or even 1) 1920x1200 monitors.. could you test the dual-link capability of TH2Go and the quality of the image split at the full maximum resolution of 3840x1200 digitally.. and no cropping and image adjustment needed?

Thanks.

I have the DH2Go digital that was suppose to do 1920x1200 x2.. (through analog RAMDAC) it was semi doable.. the best I coud do is one full screen monitor and one with 1/4 of the screen chopped off.. however resolution/clear/readable text is crap. Even all other smaller 2 screen resolution are unacceptable/un-doable. the DCC identification of device seems to be non-functional. I may have a dud ... so claim warranty soon..

Soooo.... will the TH2Go digital split the image perfectly ... before I dunk my money on it....

This problem can be caused by your panels, since the kind of signal send out of the DH2G could be misunderstood by your 1920x1200 panels (these guys are more touchy when it comes to their native resolution than other 1440x900 or 1680x1050 monitors).

Try the adjust image quality button on gxm setup menu, it will readjust the phase of the sent signal. And try to set your panel to different ratios (fit to screen, 1:1, etc.) in your monitor menu.

Keep us inform

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 05:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok.... got everything hooked up...

I spoke with Matrox and the only way to get the firmware update seems to be to register and then request it.

The tech support guy did it for me and I got it.

Here is a link for people that need it and don't want to wait for Matrox:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9nbsgxe1ebi

I installed it and it works perfectly.... even during BIOS boot-up.

Make sure to shut down PowerDesktop before installing the upgrade per Matrox.

Wazoo

DON'T DO IT- I just did tried and I now have 3 blank monitors! :cry:
powerdesktop was shut down and I made a back up- Everything seemed fine. It said restart PC, and I did. Now I can't reload the backup or the new firmware, just gives an error and tells me to retry. Obviously very hard to do it with blank monitors! Even setting up on my Dell (to the point of clicking OK to do it) then swapping the DVI to the TH2G then pushing the mouse still doesn't work.
I am very peeved to say the least!
M1.9P
Edit- have played around with it, the central monitor will display (in a washed out and blue colour) under an odd WS resolution. However the PC is recognising ALL three monitors individually. But not the TH2G- because it is not working, I surmise. Still shows a green light but still get error message when trying to flash the firmware -bugger

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 17:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Unknown if this is related... but when I was on the phone with one of the tech guys, he said they had an issue with the 8800GTX running DVI.

Longshot... but did you try the analog cable from the computer to the TH2Go?

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 22:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Unknown if this is related... but when I was on the phone with one of the tech guys, he said they had an issue with the 8800GTX running DVI.

Sorry I don't understand, I have a DVI cable and an analog cable with a DVI converter from the GTX to the TH2G. It worked fine until I tried the 'flash'. What do you mean try the analog cable- replace it? take it off? take the DVI cable off- no image with the DVI off, makes no difference if the analog is off?
M1.9P

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 23:49 
Insiders
Insiders

I meant use the analog input on the TH2Go box and not the DVI input.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 03:11 
Insiders
Insiders

When the DVI cable is disconnected, the light is red and you get not output to the screens. Analog only doesn't work, and didn't work before the flash either. AFAIK you have to have the DVI in for the TH2G to do anything.
I might be wrong, and I have thried to flash with both, either and none(!) of the DVI/analog inputs in
Methinks it is going to have to take a trip to Canada
M1.9P

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 19:08 

[quote]Unknown if this is related... but when I was on the phone with one of the tech guys, he said they had an issue with the 8800GTX running DVI.

Sorry I don't understand, I have a DVI cable and an analog cable with a DVI converter from the GTX to the TH2G. It worked fine until I tried the 'flash'. What do you mean try the analog cable- replace it? take it off? take the DVI cable off- no image with the DVI off, makes no difference if the analog is off?
M1.9P
First of all, you should only use either VGA or DVI connection with the TripleHead2Go, but NOT both of them at the same time.

Secondly, if you're using NVIDIA SLI, then you'll have only one output available from your graphics card(s). This could explain why an analog signal never seemed to work, when a digital signal worked just fine (before flashing).

Now the problem is to figure out, if your TH2G went broken because of flashing or maybe because of incorrect cabling...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 00:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Man do I feel like a tosser :oops:
When it said TH2G digital edition only supports 3840x1024 on GFX cards that support dual DVI I thought you needed both cables in and they included the old analog for cards that have one dvi and one analog. Thinking about it now it doesn't make much sense. I'll just take myself off and give myselfa slap around the house!
I think that the flash was the prob cos I had the screens going fine with lots of gaming and mucking about for a few days and only after the flash did the probs appear. Maybe flashing with both connectors on did it? Has anybody else had a successful flash?
Still waiting on a reply from Matrox, so not much I can say until then.
M1.9P (dopey-RTFI- twat)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next