Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 10:09 
Editors
Editors

They changed the engine from Saber3D to UE3, I'm pretty sure. That's why the game got delayed by about a year.
I'm pretty sure they upgraded the Saber Engine to compete with the Unreal III engine ...
Why would they use someone else's engine when they have their own ?

About Saber Interactive
Saber Interactive is a developer of interactive entertainment products for the PC and next-generation consoles. The company is a leader in the research and development of 3D rendering technology and applies its findings to create visually spectacular and unique games. Saber Interactive has developed one of the most sophisticated cross-platform game engines in the industry, the Saber3d Engine. Headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey with a second development office in St. Petersburg, Russia, the company employs an extremely talented team of software engineers, artists and designers with extensive experience in game development. For more information, visit http://www.saber3d.com

From here ...
http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/31579/TIMESHIFTtrade-DEMO-SET-TO-BLAST-ONTO-XBOX-LIVEreg-TODAY

I think it looks as good as if not better than the UT III engine games ... and it does horz +

Also ... you can tell from the config files of the game ... they are nothing like the UT III engine configs.
Not a .ut3 or .u file in site.
There is also no UT III logo in the video files ... something that usually appears in UT III engine games.

8)

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 11:09 

Hey guys,

thanks for the link to the Bioshock thread, will open a new one to let you know what doesnt work for me. So TimeShift...
Really cool! Definitely worth the wait, I had been worried it was going to be a rushed release back in 2005, and then it pretty much disappeared, but I must say, it was the right decision on the devs side.
Great gameplay, goodlooking graphics (although to me it doesnt look anything as good as any given UE3 title) and awesome physics!

Can't wait.

All the Best

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 00:45 

I find the 120 degree FOV just a little too narrow. The game calculates the FOV by a strange method of using three quarters of the required FOV as the actual number..

EG if you choose 90 degrees in the menu, the game actually has this in config as 67.5 degrees. (90 / 4 = 22.5 x 3 = 67.5) weird huh? So when you choose 120 in the fov menu, in the config file it actually shows 90 degrees!

So to get a nice 130 degree FOV find the User config file under Timeshift demoUserConfigsDefault folder and look for the line...

FOV (it's under VIDEO_Force_ vsync variable).

Set it to 100. This gives an FOV of around 130 - 132. Perfect.

Ingame if you then move the fov slider it will snap back to 120, so resist the temptation...

Hope this helps....