Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 12:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2007, 14:21 
Insiders
Insiders

JKeefe, you might be right, but I thought there was a performance penalty with desktop spanning.

Also, I remember not being able to play or drag a movie across desktops. This may have been without the desktop stretching thingy though.

Can anyone confirm this?

In addition, SLI is not feasible with desktop spanning, afaik. You only get output on one port.

Keep us up to date. Eventually I'd like to build a total surround projection dome so work on this problem is greatly appreciated.

There is no real performance hit to spanning if it's the same card imho. It's not just spanning desktop, it's true spanning for all functions of the card. The only hit is the pixel count. Just plug in both ports on the same card and enable horizontal or vertical spanning in the nVidia control panel (depending on what you're trying to do) and then it should be all set for 3d gaming on games that work with wide/surround-screen resolutions. The only downside is that once set, windows snap to the size of both screens now, which can be annoying and makes maximize rather useless.