Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 12:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 05:37 

It's all personal preference. I always use 1-5 for the first half of spells and click on the rest. Now I have to click on all of them. Sure it's probably nit-picking, but that's how I play.

And yes I'm impressed with the speed of the patch. Very impressed actually. :D I did however post in the eyefinity thread about the hotbar. *Crosses fingers*

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 19:28 

You know this reminds me of exactly what The Witcher's problem with triple screening was, everything but the cut-scenes were perfect and in their case it was just static image or black. Same engine?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 04:05 

Hey guys, thought I'd throw some help out in case anyone was having the same problem on these forums.

The patch as stated does indeed fix the multi monitor gaming / cutscene / dialog issue. I'm playing Dragon Age in 5040x1050 and it looks great!

However many users on other Bioware forums were noticing that their game wont start after the patch. Clicking the "Play" button on the Launcher wont work, and the .exe in the DAO directory doesnt work either.

There was all kinds of speculation for a fix but the ultimate, easiest, and maybe healthiest fix seems to be just to grab the MS Visual C++ redistributable here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

Hope that helps anyone having the same problem I was.
Uriel242

P.S. I have seen some foliage popping in and out though and dont know how to fix that (tried tinkering with graphics settings for a bit)...

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 04:52 

P.S. I have seen some foliage popping in and out though and dont know how to fix that (tried tinkering with graphics settings for a bit)...

That's just the draw distance playing tricks on you... I am hoping someone makes an "extend draw distance" mod.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 10:59 
Insiders
Insiders

I am not a fan of the camera control. When I'm in tactical mode I can't see enough forward, when I'm in personal mode it's too hard to aim with the mouse to navigate. They should let you zoom out more in third person or tilt in camera, and also camera tilts should be remembered when switching camera modes.

Oh well can't have everything :P. You can already out-range enemies with bows/spells in third person mode.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 12:27 

Yeah, there is some really really bad popping.
In the Elves' market place, there is a huge tree. 90% of the time it's invisible, it sometimes appears for a brief moment, then disappears.
It is so annoying.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 01:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, there is some really really bad popping.
In the Elves' market place, there is a huge tree. 90% of the time it's invisible, it sometimes appears for a brief moment, then disappears.
It is so annoying.

Yeah, i've been getting the same problem too.. I'm in that forest collecting vials of blood for the Grey warden.. or something like that, and I couldnt help but notice the landscape was very.. empty. As i moved my camera around trees popped in and out of sight, so I changed my resolution so a single screen one, and there was a bloody forest in front of me!

Anyone know of any fixes for this? I'm running at 5040x1050 as well, using the 1.01a patch.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 05:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I just try to play the game in tactics mode (zoom out so you're top down). Usually the upside to playing in third person is you can see enemies away further and so can engage them before they can engage you (at least on a single mon resolution you couldn't see them in tactics). With triple monitors I can just rotate the camera so my side monitors are parallel to the direction I'm going (e.g. whichever way my party will go it will always look like I'm going left/right) and that extends the camera distance so I can use the right/left key arrows and still see enemies before they see me.

Also I find it way easier to navigate using the mouse when in tactics mode.. I played all the other BioWare games like that, don't like third person since you can't see things behind you.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 18:36 

I'm playing 3840x1024 - Dialog options are "chopped" since they start on the left monitor - anyone has a solution ?

:D already awesome that the game does work in triple - would nothing short of stellar if that could be fixed as well!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:47 
Editors
Editors

Has bioware acknowledged the draw distance issue yet?

Im in debate to play the game in this gimped state or try to wait it out for a patch.

Also have you guys noticed graphics distortions during cut scenes when there are active background effects going on, like fire? It makes the character models infront of the fire melt and move taking on the effect the fire is supposed to have behind them.

I do not think I saw this when I played very shortly on just one screen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next