Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 15:40 

Bumpinthenight wrote:
kaburan wrote:

I'm assuming he'll just be updating Flawless Widescreen

Right, but I imagine there will be some lag time between them like with Skyrim, especially during this early release phase where Bethesda will be pushing updates out more rapidly.

Yeah, all of this could have been avoided if Bethesda just provides the proper support. Either way, i'll take a 21:9 fix with some hassles over updating, rather than no fix at all.

Its crazy, i'm playing 1920x1080 right now, and even though its a great game I don't feel like i'm playing at its maximum potential (like Skyrim @ ultrawide)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 15:48 
I Donated
I Donated

No fixes out yet?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 15:57 

I would also like to pledge a donation for this fix. Thanks for all the great work! Cant wait to wander the wastes on 3 screens

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 16:00 

That's awesome Hayden! THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 16:13 

kaburan wrote:

Yeah, all of this could have been avoided if Bethesda just provides the proper support. Either way, i'll take a 21:9 fix with some hassles over updating, rather than no fix at all.

Its crazy, i'm playing 1920x1080 right now, and even though its a great game I don't feel like i'm playing at its maximum potential (like Skyrim @ ultrawide)

Indeed, I'm really looking forward to digging into the two ini files and unleashing this engine's capability. I see the familiar values from Skyrim for pushing the boundaries like ugrid are present. One thing I noticed when I did try playing in triple is on ultra the shadows still looked great, Skyrim had an odd limitation with the shadow resolution where as you jumped up in screen resolution they degrade into blockier forms. Maybe some limitation that this new 64bit version of their engine can over come.

I admit I probably spent half my time 'playing skyrim' just messing around with those settings.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 17:07 
Editors
Editors

OffTopic...
Thats why there is no 144hz mode ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 17:11 

Looks really promising Hayden, really excited about the possibility of a working HUD fix!

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the sniper scopes or Power Armor HUD yet? Not sure if it is the same on triple-screens, but on 21:9 essentially it treats the screen like it is 16:9. Which, is alright since at least the elements seem to be the correct scale. However, the "mask" behind the elements (black rectangle for scopes, or a black 'shade' for power armor), doesn't go all the way across the screen. That results in the left/right sides being very jarring.

Here is an example of both -

http://imgur.com/a/rGyCV

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 17:32 
I Donated
I Donated

Is anyone able to get SLI working with Surround? Neither the Fallout 3 or Skyrim SLI bits seem to give any SLI scaling. I actually get better performance when there are NO SLI bits, and that's around 20 FPS. I get around 30 FPS when I have no SLI bits and enable AFR2.

Anyone got something?

Also, my virtual wife is a robot:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 17:50 

I don't have much, but a couple of coppers have been sent your way. Will donate more once a beta version of the plugin is out. You are fantastic! Made me register to this forum, you all have a pretty outstanding and friendly community here.

HaYDeN wrote:
Oh Hello there.

I'll just leave this here, about 9 hours spent on it thus far.... would really rather be playing it - plugin is not done yet.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 18:33 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Is anyone able to get SLI working with Surround? Neither the Fallout 3 or Skyrim SLI bits seem to give any SLI scaling. I actually get better performance when there are NO SLI bits, and that's around 20 FPS. I get around 30 FPS when I have no SLI bits and enable AFR2.

Anyone got something?

Also, my virtual wife is a robot:

The Fallout3/NV/Skyrim SLI bits are all for DX9. Fallout 4 is DX11. I have 3x 970's and surprisingly enough it gets an average of 30+ fps. I turned god rays to low and I hate motion blur so that is off as well, everything else cranked up. I did find some SLI bits last night that actually gave me some scaling.. I was getting 60fps more often then not.. I havn't posted them here yet because I only got to test for a few minutes before needing to goto bed. In those few minutes of running around the only issue I noticed was that tires/rubber from a distance was rainbow colored. I'm not home now but I THIINK they were the one of the Metro games SLI bits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 77  Next