Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 09:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 09:22 

I'm still getting the "searching for Witcher 2 process" within Flawless. (I have the Steam version) Does anybody know how to fix this?

To test this, I also have Borderlands on Steam and tried Flawlesss with it. It prompts with "searching for Borderlands process" as well. :(

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 09:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Does this fixer work with Re5?

Again - I don't own it.

If you want to use a cracked EXE. Sure I'll add it for you.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 10:17 

[quote]Can you do the fix for GoG edition too pls?????? :bowdown

Please enable updates in FlawlessWS - Settings > Configuration and Tick Check for Updates.... [disabled by default as people might not like stuff being automatically grabbed] if you want them to install automatically... tick Automatically Install...

After the update is installed you should see a new version in the version drop down box under advanced, called "Version 1.0.6041.43456 (GOG?)"

See if that works!

Hi HaYDeN,

Been trying to update using automatic updates, but nothing happening... Is there another way to get the GOG plugin?

Thanks for all you've been doing for surround gamers!

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 10:48 

Well, I have the disc version of Witcher 2, and the tool doesn't work with that .exe, I also tried the GOG .exe and it still doesn't work. The tool does detect the game but still no cigar :(

I have tried running both tool and witcher 2.exe as admin, no difference, and I have tried to run the game in a window instead of fullscreen but no change.

I'm wondering if the tool have to be in a certain folder (maybe the game's installation folder?) I already tried to put the tool in the bin folder in Witcher 2, guess what, no luck.

I really hope that this tool will eventually be compatible with non steam editions of it's supported games, because all my games are certainly not on Steam (some of them are) :)

Ps. I also tried the tool with Borderlands disc version (using 1.4.1 crack as I hate that securom shit). but nothing worked :-(

Pps. Is it very complicated to make the tool compatible with non Steam versions?

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 11:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, I have the disc version of Witcher 2, and the tool doesn't work with that .exe, I also tried the GOG .exe and it still doesn't work. The tool does detect the game but still no cigar :(

I have tried running both tool and witcher 2.exe as admin, no difference, and I have tried to run the game in a window instead of fullscreen but no change.

I'm wondering if the tool have to be in a certain folder (maybe the game's installation folder?) I already tried to put the tool in the bin folder in Witcher 2, guess what, no luck.

I really hope that this tool will eventually be compatible with non steam editions of it's supported games, because all my games are certainly not on Steam (some of them are) :)

Ps. I also tried the tool with Borderlands disc version (using 1.4.1 crack as I hate that securom shit). but nothing worked :-(

Pps. Is it very complicated to make the tool compatible with non Steam versions?

Right click your witcher2 exe > properties, and post here, the version, the filesize in bytes and your operating system etc.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 11:33 

[quote]Well, I have the disc version of Witcher 2, and the tool doesn't work with that .exe, I also tried the GOG .exe and it still doesn't work. The tool does detect the game but still no cigar :(

Right click your witcher2 exe > properties, and post here, the version, the filesize in bytes and your operating system etc.

Allright.

Witcher 2.exe English disk version (1.0.6041.43456)

File size: (23.664.128 bytes)
Size on disk: (23.666.688 bytes)

and the GOG version that I use...

version (1.0.6041.43456):
File size: (15.172.096 bytes)
Size on disk: (15.175.680 bytes)

My OS: Windows7 64 bit Ultimate

And thank you for being so helpful :)

Ps. Currently downing Singularity on Steam for testing with your tool. Gonna give feedback in the Singularity thread.

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 12:55 

hi i have try all but for me dont' work :( gog version

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 13:20 

I'm still getting the "searching for Witcher 2 process" within Flawless. (I have the Steam version) Does anybody know how to fix this?

To test this, I also have Borderlands on Steam and tried Flawlesss with it. It prompts with "searching for Borderlands process" as well. :(

What kind of OS do you have? I have same problem and estimate its because using win xp.

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 16:35 
Founder
Founder

Omg hayden your the beast! The update works for me(after I replaced d2d edition with gog executible, I can run the game in full screen.

I only get like 30-40 fps in cities. Can your come up with some patch that makes us get more fps?

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 16:49 

Guys,

I was able to get the retail version to work with a few modifications.

Here are the steps I followed.

1). Update the plugin for Hayden's Tool.
2). Download the GOG files from here http://www.mediafire.com/?b59voyw5uk5xgo0
3). Place the downloaded files in the Bin folder (I saved my original retail copies into a different folder in case Hayden creates a cracked .exe for the retail version)
4). Start Flawless and select "Version 1.0.6041.43456 (GOG?)"
5). Run the witcher2.exe file from the bin folder (not the launcher).

Issues:
-White dots in a line on the right screen (as mentioned before)
-Cannot run in Full-Screen
-FPS is very low for ATI (Need crossfire profiles and New driver from ATI which should be here shortly).

Thanks again to Hayden for your efforts! :rockout

kiax0001

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 53  Next