Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 08:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 17:15 

Omg hayden your the beast! The update works for me(after I replaced d2d edition with gog executible, I can run the game in full screen.

I only get like 30-40 fps in cities. Can your come up with some patch that makes us get more fps?

Weird, I replaced D2D exe with GOG exe and nothing changed for me, using either "latest version" or "GOG?" version.

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 17:32 
Founder
Founder

you have to use gog edition from the scroll down menu in flawless and when you replace your exec you have to replace paul.dll as well and run both as admin running actual file not the launcher.

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 18:53 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Does this fixer work with Re5?

Again - I don't own it.

If you want to use a cracked EXE. Sure I'll add it for you.

Oh, sorry man. I didn't catch that part.

But sure, I prefer to use a crack, anyway. Good job, btw.

Spanks.

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 21:48 
Editors
Editors

It's Working!..... in Windowed Mode ^^ but thats enuf! Thx a lot!

Maybe Topic creator could Edit First Post and write a How To ?

Here some Screenshots :)

http://img827.imageshack.us/g/14082612.jpg/

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 22:22 

you have to use gog edition from the scroll down menu in flawless and when you replace your exec you have to replace paul.dll as well and run both as admin running actual file not the launcher.

Ah, thanks, that did it - I hadn't replaced the paul.dll before since they're the same size.

e: Although - and this is strange - if I launch the game directly instead of using launcher (which is needed to get this program to work), there's an annoying blur or DOF filter on the screen any time I move my character. This doesn't happen when I launch game from launcher, even if I have all the DOF and blur stuff enabled there.

Very strange. I did some further testing and it happens as soon as I use the "remove vertical black bars" checkbox. I don't have vertical black bars, but unchecking the setting reintroduces the horizontal black bars.

So long story short, going to 16:10 AR with this program introduces some annoying and heavy handed blur effect if you even walk around in-game, at least for me (using GOG exe and paul.dll on D2D installation).

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 02:53 
Editors
Editors

I can confirm Flawless not working on XP. Crashes on launch every time. (Yes, C++ 2010 redist installed)

Regardless, huge thanks to HaYDeN for the tool. For those of you benefiting from his hard work, don't be afraid of hitting that Donate button on his site!

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 04:54 
Insiders
Insiders

I can confirm Flawless not working on XP. Crashes on launch every time. (Yes, C++ 2010 redist installed)

Regardless, huge thanks to HaYDeN for the tool. For those of you benefiting from his hard work, don't be afraid of hitting that Donate button on his site!

Wow didn't realise people still used Windows XP, Probably a NT specific function I've used somewhere.... I'll look into it.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 06:44 

[quote]I can confirm Flawless not working on XP. Crashes on launch every time. (Yes, C++ 2010 redist installed)

Wow didn't realise people still used Windows XP, Probably a NT specific function I've used somewhere.... I'll look into it.

While I use Win 7 on my gaming computer, lots of old corporate computers are stuck on windows XP. Enterprise moves at a snails pace. They even make us use IE 5.5 or 6 to access some of our intranet sites. :doh

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 07:47 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, some people ride the cutting edge...I'm at the lazy end. ;) Didn't even upgrade from 2000 to XP until a month before Vista released.

Thanks for looking into the compatibility issue.

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 08:09 

Omg hayden your the beast! The update works for me(after I replaced d2d edition with gog executible, I can run the game in full screen.

I only get like 30-40 fps in cities. Can your come up with some patch that makes us get more fps?

Hi mate how did you get it to run fullscreen? Mine doesn't load with any resolution above 1080p :?:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 53  Next