Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 16:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 08:10 
Insiders
Insiders

absolutely brand new installation of Windows XP SP3.... ran first pop.

Can you elaborate on the error you see?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 08:23 
Editors
Editors

absolutely brand new installation of Windows XP SP3.... ran first pop.
Can you elaborate on the error you see?

Sure:

Not sure how helpful that is.

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 08:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Google seems to think your memory is poked, seems its a common issue.....?

Be interested to hear if any others have successfully executed on WinXP.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 09:31 
Editors
Editors

Google seems to think your memory is poked, seems its a common issue.....?

Be interested to hear if any others have successfully executed on WinXP.

By poked I assume faulty? Went ahead and started a memtest...up to 84% coverage with no errors so far.

I gets more interesting, though. I removed the c++ 2010 runtime, tried the program, and it failed like before. Next I removed the UPX compression, and presto the app runs fine and dandy:

Haven't tried it with a game yet, but there's something interesting going on. Any theories?

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 11:43 

Hello Hayden,

yr program is running fine under win xp here (no memory crash etc). there are only two problems which i discovered:

1. when the fix is enabled, the plugin never finds the witcher process. (i tried everything)

2. when you open the configuration window (with settings for hotkey etc.), you cannnot close it anymore. have to close than the flawless program via taskmanager.

Did you managed to detect the witcher process under xp?

(why i am using xp? never change a running system. :D for me, win xp is quite stable os and ie. Witcher 2 is running very smooth, without any problems or FPS dropdowns and i dont have the "uber pc". win7 is still quite new os and seems to use a lot resources by himself. (win vista was always buggy.) I wanted to wait for os change until the first games are released who doesnt support DX9 anymore.)

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 13:31 

Noob here came to ask what GoG means. I have the retail version, is there a fix for that yet? Last post I saw someone had posted their info but nothing after that. Thanks for the work you guys do.

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 16:05 
Insiders
Insiders

First off: THANK YOU HAYDEN!!!!! You rock in ways only the gods speak of. :rockout

The ALT hotkey not working for the flawless program is because the game binds it to "Target Lock" toggle.

You either have to unbind it in the game launcher or bind it something else in Flawless.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 16:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Noob here came to ask what GoG means. I have the retail version, is there a fix for that yet? Last post I saw someone had posted their info but nothing after that. Thanks for the work you guys do.

GoG is Good Old Games. A website that offers the game with no DRM like the retail version has.

I also have the retail version however I d/l the GoG executable and paul.dll from gamecopyworld.

This is "supposedly" linked with better FPS in the game however I haven't noticed to much of that.

However, the game launches 4-5 times faster because of the lack of DRM checking garbage and the retail version of the game runs fine with the GoG Witcher2.exe and paul.dll.

You'd have to replace your game exe with the GoG one. Then run the flawless widescreen fix using the GoG game profile.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 16:29 

[quote]Noob here came to ask what GoG means. I have the retail version, is there a fix for that yet? Last post I saw someone had posted their info but nothing after that. Thanks for the work you guys do.

GoG is Good Old Games. A website that offers the game with no DRM like the retail version has.

I also have the retail version however I d/l the GoG executable and paul.dll from gamecopyworld.

This is "supposedly" linked with better FPS in the game however I haven't noticed to much of that.

However, the game launches 4-5 times faster because of the lack of DRM checking garbage and the retail version of the game runs fine with the GoG Witcher2.exe and paul.dll.

You'd have to replace your game exe with the GoG one. Then run the flawless widescreen fix using the GoG game profile.

I also have the retail version with the GOG files, but can't make it work with the flawless utility, it detects the game but doesn't remove the black bars.

GOG game profile??? What is that?

EDIT: NVM, got the new version, but sadly that didn't help me either, the only change for me, is that menu text ingame is now unreadable (like somebody used a white "censor pencil" on the menu items).

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 16:43 
Insiders
Insiders

I haven't ran it yet as I'm just reading this and I'm at work...

Will be trying when I get home though... can't wait!

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 53  Next