Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 17:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 18:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

HaYDeN ,I was wondering if you can post what values are you modifying in order to "unlock" the 4:3 aspect ratio. Why I ask this? Because the game will get eventually patched and it will be easier (for some of us) to know what to look for... (or we can wait for you to update the program).

Was just a suggestion so don't be angry on me or anything:)) Anyway AWESOME JOB! I'm playing GoG version on nVidia 3D Surround (fullscreen here).

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 19:41 

Hi, I've been following this thread since page 2, day after day, have been loving the developments and big thanks to Hayden for making this possible!

I did however sign up today to let people know what my problem was and how I fixed, as well as to ask for some help.

I had the retail box version, not steam or GoG, and I could never get it to work on my 3 screens, I would check everyday for an update that would fix my issues but to no avail. So I did some reading on the GoG version and I found I could convert my Retail into a GoG version by changing the paul.dll as well as my witcher.exe. I know this may be a bit shady, I was a bit apprehensive myself but basically goto this site: *use google search* and download the GoG version and backup your files and replace them.

Having done that you can use the GoG Version in Flawless and I got it to work today and its amazing!! Thank you Hayden :)

The only issue I have is the white lines on the right screen which has been mentioned many times, I was wondering if anyone found a way to fix that or some solution.

Cheeers

-Moderator Comment-
Appreciate your helpfulness, but please do not link directly to sites that specialize in cracks/warez.

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 22:39 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Well, I have the disc version of Witcher 2, and the tool doesn't work with that .exe, I also tried the GOG .exe and it still doesn't work. The tool does detect the game but still no cigar :(

I have tried running both tool and witcher 2.exe as admin, no difference, and I have tried to run the game in a window instead of fullscreen but no change.

I'm wondering if the tool have to be in a certain folder (maybe the game's installation folder?) I already tried to put the tool in the bin folder in Witcher 2, guess what, no luck.

I really hope that this tool will eventually be compatible with non steam editions of it's supported games, because all my games are certainly not on Steam (some of them are) :)

Ps. I also tried the tool with Borderlands disc version (using 1.4.1 crack as I hate that securom shit). but nothing worked :-(

Pps. Is it very complicated to make the tool compatible with non Steam versions?

Right click your witcher2 exe > properties, and post here, the version, the filesize in bytes and your operating system etc.

Allright.

Witcher 2.exe English disk version (1.0.6041.43456)

File size: (23.664.128 bytes)
Size on disk: (23.666.688 bytes)

and the GOG version that I use...

version (1.0.6041.43456):
File size: (15.172.096 bytes)
Size on disk: (15.175.680 bytes)

My OS: Windows7 64 bit Ultimate

And thank you for being so helpful :)

Ps. Currently downing Singularity on Steam for testing with your tool. Gonna give feedback in the Singularity thread.

I have the same issue. The Flawless fix is not working.

The retail and the GoG witcher2.exe file version numbers are the same even though the file size is different, 22 vs. 14mb. I am running the GoG .exe and .dll though.

1) Replaced RETAIL 22mb exe and paul.dll with the GoG versions.
2) Put Flawless fix in a folder on a different drive, running it with Admin rights
3) Run the witcher2.exe from the install folder and not using the launcher
4) x86 and x64 C++ redistributables are installed
5) Nvidia 2x 570gtx with 275.27 beta driver

Running the desktop res at 1920x1080, 1920x1200, default 5760x1200, windowed mode for the game, all combinations there of.

Load a game and everything loads but it is just the way it was, center monitor only.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the hard work thus far, HaYDen, very very much appreciate your effort.

EDIT:: I spoke too soon. When I start Flawless the default "Enable/Disable" option is CHECKED. I thought, maybe I need to disable it and then enable it once I'm in game, so I disabled it and launched the game.

Game loaded fine, picked my last save, loaded it and walla! Game loaded in triple screen, fullscreen, didn't even have to enable anything.

There are the 2 column of white dots on the left edge of the right monitor all the time but sweet! It works :rockout

Now just need to lower my settings to get the framerate acceptable.

Thanks again, HaYDen! Awesome work.

(can we get rid of the white dots?)

:cheers

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 23:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

HaYDeN ,I was wondering if you can post what values are you modifying in order to "unlock" the 4:3 aspect ratio. Why I ask this? Because the game will get eventually patched and it will be easier (for some of us) to know what to look for... (or we can wait for you to update the program).

Was just a suggestion so don't be angry on me or anything:)) Anyway AWESOME JOB! I'm playing GoG version on nVidia 3D Surround (fullscreen here).

Pretty sure their patch is going to fix it all?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 09:30 

Hayden,

did you tried to find witcher2 process when you installed XP?

just want to be sure, if thats the problem. :?

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 10:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Why do I get the feeling that this is more consolitis?

Tired of seeing PC gaming being hindered by the existence of consoles. :cry:

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 10:55 

Ok, I don't know how and why, but now Hayden's tool works for me :) I have been fiddling around Nvidia control panel, making changes to the scaling mode, maybe that helped.

Anyway, much needed witcher 2 patch is incoming, so Hayden will most likely have to update his tool (Anyway, I hope you do) :)

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 13:14 
Insiders
Insiders

No, you missunderstood me. I wanted to say that eventually (after a patch) the game binary might change (and also the values and memory locations) and we don't know if you will be around to update your awesome tool for every patch. That is why I ask. I don't want to steal your work or finds, but posting your solution might be helpfull (for some of us) in case something changes in the future and the current tool will not be compatible;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 13:31 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm wondering if the incoming patch will be affected by the GoG.exe/paul.dll replacement.

I have the retail version so I'm thinking maybe I should put those files back prior to launching the game for fear that the patch may detect the GoG version when I actually have the Retail and screw something up forcing a reinstall.

I wonder if this will be an issue.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 13:56 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hello,

The CDP RED guy Marcin360 stated on the GoG forums patch 1.1 thread that the 4:3, 16:10, and other Aspect related issues would not be addressed in the patch and that he had no info on them at all.

He did mention in the response to a question,
------------------------------------------------
": Any ETA on the 4:3 support then? Game's unplayable for me in its current state.

Unfortunately no info about other aspects support. They will be implemented though. "
------------------------------------------------
That the Aspect issues WILL be addressed... just no time frame.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 53  Next