Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 17:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 16:41 

Man do I feel like a tosser :oops:
When it said TH2G digital edition only supports 3840x1024 on GFX cards that support dual DVI
Not dual DVI. Dual-link DVI. Big difference.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 11:11 

Hello all,
I have just got my TH2G digital yesterday and encountered the exact left monitor as defualt problem. its a good thing i have found this forum with this thread becauset his problem seems so stupid that i cant believe Matrox did'nt pay attention what their default output screen was before releaseing the digital version.

I was wondering if anyone else has installed the firmware update without any problems since i see Mach1.9pants had a problem with the upgrade.

Thanks

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 00:24 

What's life without a little risk? I just ran it:
Before:

After:

notice the serial number after the flash got all borked up. And the model is some stupid symbol. But other than that, all went well. It seemed to work and when I resized to 1280x1024 the middle monitor fired up. hell yea!

my bios still stretches across all three screens though which i never remembered happening on my old th2g-A. Anyone else have this prob?

Thanks again! Good find!

-p6

edit
This was on Vista32bit with an 8800gts and an nvidia 680i board.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 16:31 

I got the fix yesterday, same file as posted here.
installed it and it worked fine for me too. Now my neck doesnt hurt anymore.

I too get the bios and windows xp loading screen streched up accross the screen, till windows is up.

Post subject: howdy all
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 03:23 

well my first post and not very happy one either :P

would anyone be a sport and upload a working backedup firmware,
as you can tell my flash didnt go to well, 3 blank screens

Post subject: Re: howdy all
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 06:20 
Insiders
Insiders

well my first post and not very happy one either :P

would anyone be a sport and upload a working backedup firmware,
as you can tell my flash didnt go to well, 3 blank screens

Yep same as me, in reply to your PM (and for other peoples info) my backups are only 1KB in size. I did two but obviously neither worked. I would suggest that if you do a backup of the firmware first, check the size of the file and if it is 1KB or not the same size as the new one- Your update will probably stuff your TH2G! Just what I think.
For everyone out there a techie from Matrox has been in constant touch with me trying to solve it including remote controlling my PC for 4.5 hours (pity it was 1100 til 0230 local!) -so kudos for all the help from Matrox. But mine is still stuffed and I am awaiting the next step from Matrox
Cheers
M1.9P

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 02:42 

im suprised you havent RMA'd it yet to matrox, seems like its been over 2 weeks for you now since ur incident
as for me, i dont know what to do as of yet ,either to send it back to my online reseller or RMA it to matrox. frig, what a mind job,

:?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 02:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I have received an email today advsing me "that during the update of the firmware the unit somehow got corrupted and is no longer able to function correctly"
Exactly what I said at the start but it was worth a try to see if they can get it going without RMAing it to Canada.
So I am sending it off now...
I got mine from shop matrox so I am sending it back to them. If Matrox will accept it back from you you might as well send it to them. They are the ones who can fix it/replace it anyway- just cuts out the middle man. However most companies don't normally accept direct RMAs, you have to go via the retailer.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 16:19 

Everything worked just great here. Just make sure you get a successful backup before. The backup should take ~1 minute and should be > 500k.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2007, 02:13 

I got new firmware directly from Matrox support, updated per their instructions, and everything's working great for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next