Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 17:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 01:51 

Well at 1920x1080, typically at 16x aniso and 8xS AA I get nearly identical results SLI or not, heck, removing the SLI bridge doesn't change the result so either 16x slots are coping without it or SLI ain't working/the cards aren't communicating past the 'SLI is enabled' control panel tag.

The only app. I've found so far that does show a diff. is that fur benchmark by ozone3d.net or such. It shows almost double results with SLI. That it's so much though leads me to think SLI just messed up it's counter and it just doubles up it's count for a 2nd card present.

Know anything besides 3dmark that's a reliable way to see if it works or not? I've tried so far:
crysis
ut2004
nfsmw
3dmark05 and 06
and probably others I forget.

this is under xp sp2 btw, though I'm pondering a move to vista 64bit. (odd logic, they already fixed the 2nd card not communicating issue I seem to have under XP, maybe I need to invert my situation to fix my inverted problem ;) )

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 02:21 
Insiders
Insiders

man thats weird my 3d06 went up from 11k to 14k when I last did it (which was a while ago with a dif setup) so something is wrong with yoursli set up- it should def change for the better on 3d06 with sli

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 05:20 

Yeah everything everywhere says I should get something out of it, right now though all it gets me is more heat, noise and 1 less pci slot. I've removed the 2nd card, its pointless atm. I was gonna go with a new core2 based rig but right now I'm thinking of killing any and all future upgrades, I haven't seen a game in months I'd be remotely interested in buying and my current time waster is Transcendence (2d indy game).