Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 11:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 10:31 
Editors
Editors

Single-monitor FOV seems the same as the original game to me... a little tight, but very playable.

According to players on another forum (sorry, can't remember which one right now...been reading a lot of MW2 stuff recently), the CoD series standard FOV was 80 for PC. Even that would seems tight to me, so 65 can't be too awesome.

Resized a screenshot on the previous page to get a sample. I can't tell by that what the exact FOV is, but it does feel cramped.

As DaFox mentioned, any hack would likely be in serious VAC danger for MP. Does all MP run through IW.net and VAC? Even LAN play?

And it just occurs to me that as MW2 is launching I've been doing some L4D2 modding.

Irony. Nice. 8)

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 10:35 

[quote]Single-monitor FOV seems the same as the original game to me... a little tight, but very playable.

According to players on another forum (sorry, can't remember which one right now...been reading a lot of MW2 stuff recently), the CoD series standard FOV was 80 for PC. Even that would seems tight to me, so 65 can't be too awesome.

Well, I am not a person uber-sensitive to FOV, only two or three games have EVER bothered me with their FOV, Turok and Borderlands being the only two I can think of now. So I am not a good judge of whether it is bad or not.

I was just meaning to say it looks the same as the original game to me, which was a little tight but very playable... this seems the same. To me, anyway.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 10:55 

ok ok so back to the reason for this thread :wink:

I'm DYING to play this in multi-mon, is the main problem that we need a seperate FOV hack program written?

Tweaking .ini's and such doesnt do the trick on COD games correct?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 11:03 
Editors
Editors

I'm DYING to play this in multi-mon, is the main problem that we need a seperate FOV hack program written?

Most likely, yes.

I was just meaning to say it looks the same as the original game to me, which was a little tight but very playable... this seems the same. To me, anyway

Fully understand. Sometimes the same FOV can feel different to me from one game to the next. In general, though, I like 130+. :wink: (or 85+ if I'm stuck on a single screen)

Post subject: FOV like COD4-COD5...
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 19:07 

Come on Dopefish !!!
You are the only one can make it!!!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 22:50 

I would be very wary of using a hack even in singleplayer, with a VAC ban looming over your head.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 22:54 
Insiders
Insiders

I would be very wary of using a hack even in singleplayer, with a VAC ban looming over your head.
If I had thought about the VAC problem, I would not have brought it to be honest. Or at leasst I would have waited until it was confirmed OK. I just thought, 'hey DF will be able to add a WSF relatively easy and we would be off in TH', like 4 and WaW... Oh well.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 01:31 

i got triplehead working, its very easy actaully, just memory edit the aspect ratio values.

i'm sure someone will come up with a easy patching solution, i only have veyr limited patch making skills... i'll see what i can do though.

here are some screens:

Hor+ , yay!

btw, is MSAA for this game not working for the alpha textures (eg. tarps), even if i set 8x for AA, i get major jaggies for those textures..

i dont want to use supersampling

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 01:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Umm there are no screenies!

..and how did VAC react to you mem modding?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 01:45 

sorry screens here:

as you can see, the HUD/interface/movies are squished.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next