Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 00:42 

:( Well, I still have the issue where 3 x 16*10 resolutions (3840*800) do not display QTE prompts. This means every time I hijack an occupied vehicle, I have to swap to a distorted 3840*1024, and then swap back. Not ideal, and I have no idea how to fix it. And, I think I may such a minor voice that this bug will likely never get fixed. :( I will cross my fingers that this does not exist in the full game.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 09:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Shame there is no center HUD, it could've been on par with other games like AvP2 or BC2 in terms of eyefinity support.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 14:18 

My ONLY complaint is that this is one of those games where v-sync costs you a lot of frames... seems to jump from 30 to 60 and back again without much room in between, and I hate tearing

that is normal for vsync=on without triple buffering, fps drop from 60 to 30 to 15 and so on
try to find a way to force triple buffering, afair Catalyst just offered it for OpenGL, AtiTrayTools did the same, bug you could force it for DirectX in a game's profile

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 14:40 

:( Well, I still have the issue where 3 x 16*10 resolutions (3840*800) do not display QTE prompts. This means every time I hijack an occupied vehicle, I have to swap to a distorted 3840*1024, and then swap back. Not ideal, and I have no idea how to fix it. And, I think I may such a minor voice that this bug will likely never get fixed. :( I will cross my fingers that this does not exist in the full game.

Me too! I'm using eyefinity on a 5850 at 5040*1050, plus bezel correction making it 5264*1050 (i think). I spent ages wondering how the hell people had been hijacking helicopters, since I didnt even know there were prompts.... I've tried with keyboard and mouse AND 360 pad- no prompts.

The QTE prompts for blowing stuff up like pipelines are still there.

Since our systems are so different, the only thing in common seems to be the resolution, that might cause it?

In a possibly unrelated incident, I think that alt-tabbing out somehow disabled bezel correction one time. Hmm.

Has anyone else tried running it at 5040x1050?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 15:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Hijack prompts don't show for me in any triple-wide res I've tried. Works in single. Being so easy to do, it just ends up being a waste. It's dumb. Plus teh skydiving controls suck. why not control guy with WASD and move camera with mouse? And Although you can nearly look staight p and down on foot, you can't even come close to lookgin straight up adn down while in an air vehicle. Pretty lame for landing choppers.

Oh adn one more thing - having to exit zoom to sprint. You should be able to start one action without stopping the previous ones. Like every other game.

But it's still fun and I'm sure the full version will address at least some of the little things that bug me.

Ah yes, and I cun't bind my mouse4 and mouse5 buttons.I really wanted to bind grapple to my thumb button. BTW there's a mod out that allows multiple grapple lines. pretty fun.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 16:33 

also have the hijack promts missing in a "smaller" triple-wide 4320*900 :?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 19:44 

Hijack prompts don't show for me in any triple-wide res I've tried. Works in single. Being so easy to do, it just ends up being a waste. It's dumb.

What do you mean by 'easy to do'? Are the QTE's so easy that you don't need the prompt, or do they change every time you hijack something?

I'd really like to buy this game, but if I have to change resolution to hijack things that's a total deal-breaker. Anyone got ideas about who to email?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 22:06 

[quote]Hijack prompts don't show for me in any triple-wide res I've tried. Works in single. Being so easy to do, it just ends up being a waste. It's dumb.

What do you mean by 'easy to do'? Are the QTE's so easy that you don't need the prompt, or do they change every time you hijack something?

I'd really like to buy this game, but if I have to change resolution to hijack things that's a total deal-breaker. Anyone got ideas about who to email?

I understood what he meant to be the same way I feel: why are there QTEs for hijacking anyway?...they are so ridiculously easy to do, we should just press 'E" and be done with it.

And, I do not know who to email. Maybe a config change in the full game will dismiss the stupid QTE events completely.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 18:13 
Editors
Editors

FOV factor command line option ... makes it feel much better ... :mrgreen:

Example ... /fovfactor=1.5

Default ...

/fovfactor=1.5

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 19:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Wow, that's much better. I couldn't help feeling like the whole demo felt like vert- to me when I was playing it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next