Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 13:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: biscuits88 wrote:Just
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 15:28 

Just wondering, with your single 6970. What FPS do/did you get running eyefinity 5760 x 1080 in different modes? I am interested in getting a single 6970 for the time being, then possibly upgrading later.

But right now, I just want to know if one 6970 will run BF3 in eyefinity, on mediumish settings. I dont need AA or anything of the sort. Just a decent fps on decent settings.

Thanks!!

I would also be curious to learn this as well.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 04:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Didn't BFBC2 have center HUD? Hopefully they'll add that in before shipping BF3. It's been a nice progression since BF2 where they didn't even have proper WS support IIRC.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 22:26 

Guys please, does BF3 have microlag/stutter issues in crossfire while eyefinity? God damned BFBC2 have it so for the smooth gameplay you need to play on single card, even with low fps cuz higher "crossfired" fps does nothing since it's stutters as hell. I'm crossing my fingers to hear it's okay to play BF3 with crossfire+eyefinity.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 22:51 
Founder
Founder

I'm glad to see that DICE has made good on their promise for BF3.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 00:46 
Editors
Editors

BF3 + Origin and more

More good news (from article and posters actually participating in the alpha):
- BF3 will in fact require Origin
- The game must be launched via internet browser
- The game will require an EA browser plugin
- Switching servers requires exiting the game to go back to the web browser
- Origin pops up to deliver ads during game launch/loading

That pretty much squelches my interest in BF3. Great surround support just doesn't provide enough counterweight.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 01:04 

The Origin requirement is gonna bowl me over. Worse yet is some of the people mentioning the problematic steps your computer goes through just to do the simplest tasks. This better not be the way it's going to be. If they absolutely must have a Battlelog, then at least keep it just within the browser. Otherwise, they should just grab WebKit and use it to code their miniature in-game browser.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 02:31 
Insiders
Insiders

BF3 + Origin and more

More good news (from article and posters actually participating in the alpha):
- BF3 will in fact require Origin
- The game must be launched via internet browser
- The game will require an EA browser plugin
- Switching servers requires exiting the game to go back to the web browser
- Origin pops up to deliver ads during game launch/loading

That pretty much squelches my interest in BF3. Great surround support just doesn't provide enough counterweight.

Wow. That's a whole load of horseshit that's a real turn off. The ads, in particular.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 03:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd like to see them make the game start up really fast if it's launched from the browser.. the skeptic in me says it will not happen. Why don't they just embed IE into the game and move on like the rest of the world?

Post subject: The web-browser is just
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 08:32 
Insiders
Insiders

The web-browser is just temporary I think.

Post subject: Stec wrote:biscuits88
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 10:56 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]Just wondering, with your single 6970. What FPS do/did you get running eyefinity 5760 x 1080 in different modes? I am interested in getting a single 6970 for the time being, then possibly upgrading later.

But right now, I just want to know if one 6970 will run BF3 in eyefinity, on mediumish settings. I dont need AA or anything of the sort. Just a decent fps on decent settings.

Thanks!!

I would also be curious to learn this as well.

Seeing as there was no crossfire/sli support and I didnt bother getting around that I ran it on high with a 6970 in eyefinity. There was lag, and stuttering but it wasnt THAT bad. So honestly, once the engine is optimised and released I reckon you wont have much problem running it on medium with eyefinity.

Not something I can gurantee tho. But it seemed more than doable.

Asfar as the "No destruction" goes, theres plenty of destruction in BF3, but it was scaled down significantly in the alpha as this was a test of the server/battlelog functions. So we had little to no options in things we could actually change. But MW and BF are two COMPLETLY different brands of FPS games. So I dont get the hate at all, its just silly. Like the other guy said, buy the one you enjoy.

Personally, Ill be getting both.

The web-browser is just temporary I think.

No, its permanent.

And the game startup from launching from the browser was actually quite fast even in alpha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next