Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 20:36 

Laucien wrote:
nyldan wrote:
This is really weird. For me, the fixes provided by Haldi work just fine.
However, last night I was tinkering around with a friend of mine who recently bought the game, he has exactly the same issue with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats not fully showing.
We are running identical setups, we even exchanged our ini- files and compared them in Notepad++.

Only major difference between our rigs is that he is using 2 GTX 970 in SLI Mode while I have a single 980TI, plus he has three 16:10 monitors while I have 3 16:9.

While I doubt the GPUs are really the issue I have to say I have the exactly same setup (and problem) as your friend. 2 GTX970 in SLI.

It's weird because with one of Haldi's previous fixes that screen worked perfectly but using the latest one it shows like in the picture.

Anyway though I was concerned that other screens/menus would look like that but if you guys say that the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. screen is the only one that potentially has that problem I can go single-monitor till I finish character creation and then do all the edits.

To my knowlegde that should just be the case.
Once you're done with character creation, everything seems fine. (although (as mentioned) I can't do any testing by myself)

Still, I'd like to understand what the problem is. To my logic, if the aspect ratio (16:10 vs. 16:9) should cause this, I'd expect the display to be a bit out of place, rather than cutting off half of the screen.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 03:00 
Editors
Editors

Laucien wrote:
It's weird because with one of Haldi's previous fixes that screen worked perfectly but using the latest one it shows like in the picture.

Oookkkayy.....
Must be a SpecialMenu.swf i've skipped somehow, because i tought it would be the "special" menue in the pipboy itself.

Funny thing is i've written a E-mail to Bethesda Support about this Problem 5 minutes after installing the game xD
Didn't help.

Quote:

Response
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Bethesda Customer Support. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to Fallout 4 gameplay:

• Where can I get Fallout 4 gameplay tips or help?
• How do I use the wait function in Fallout 4?
• What do I do if Fallout 4 is too difficult?
• What do I do if I am stuck on a quest in Fallout 4?
• What do I do if an NPC is stuck or missing in Fallout 4?

For all other issues, we recommend visiting our official forums at http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/40-Fallout/ for additional assistance.

Kind regards,
Bethesda Customer Support
Subject
Hi, I can't name my Character. The Name is out of the monitor. Screenshot: http:...

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (11/09/2015 08:27 PM)
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Bethesda Customer Support. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to Fallout 4 gameplay:

• Where can I get Fallout 4 gameplay tips or help?
• How do I use the wait function in Fallout 4?
• What do I do if Fallout 4 is too difficult?
• What do I do if I am stuck on a quest in Fallout 4?
• What do I do if an NPC is stuck or missing in Fallout 4?

For all other issues, we recommend visiting our official forums at http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/40-Fallout/ for additional assistance.

Kind regards,
Bethesda Customer Support
Customer By CSS Web () (11/09/2015 08:27 PM)
Hi,

I can't name my Character. The Name is out of the monitor.

Screenshot: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... olor=black

[---001:001441:10057---]

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 03:08 

Haldi wrote:
Laucien wrote:

Oookkkayy.....
Must be a SpecialMenu.swf i've skipped somehow, because i tought it would be the "special" menue in the pipboy itself.

Funny thing is i've written a E-mail to Bethesda Support about this Problem 5 minutes after installing the game xD
Didn't help.

No, sorry!. I went back to check which fix version had the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. screen working in my resolution (5960*1080) and realized it wasn't your fix but one Ekrboi posted here.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 73#p162273

That one there along with the same .ini edits makes the special screen during character creation show up as intended when using triple monitor though then I had some issues like not the entire UI fully centered.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 04:22 

Looks like it is time for a donation for flawless widescreen on this tough nut to crack, Fallout 4 just like Skyrim was. Bethesda is a pain for the elite widescreen gamers.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 04:57 

So!, I grabbed the specialmenu.swf from the post I linked before (the one with the modded files that I mentioned worked) and edited the fallout4.ini file to load that single swf from data/interface and... it seemed to have worked!.

Not sure if this might break anything down the line but best case scenario is that both mods combined are good to make it fully playable (ignoring the annoying dark green bars :P) and the worst that could happen would be that after character creation you'll just need to remove that file so it only uses Haldi's modded interface.

Attachments:
2015-11-23_00001.jpg
2015-11-23_00001.jpg [ 480.38 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 12:46 

Kayden wrote:
Longpig7 wrote:
Kayden - Does that also help with the off center cross hairs issue?
(see post on p37)

I am unsure of that since I've never seen that issue but here are a few pics to show what I see in game with haldi's fix and the changes I mentioned:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =560311545

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =560311640

The ini changes fixed for me was the text at the main menu and in the game so it doesn't look as stretched. The only issue I had with cross hairs got fixed in Ver 2 of the fix. It was reaching the bezel of my monitor and it shouldn't have been doing that. This may work for you so it wouldn't hurt to try.

Kayden - This should show the off center cross hairs, also the HUD is one the outer screen.

http://i64.tinypic.com/oa8aoj.png

I'm also seeing all the menus for crafting etc all very small and compressed.

FYI res of 6048x5760

Cheers in advance for any help.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 12:58 

Also see here for scoped view:
http://i68.tinypic.com/o6l953.jpg

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 23:34 

Actually here is a better image showing the location of the bezels:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2rhxv7s.jpg

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 00:49 

Heads up! The 1.2 Beta updates the interface.ba2 (The size/checksums don't match) so it's going to get updated for everyone when the beta goes "gold". I'm trying out the beta because I'm hoping it solves the crashes I get sometimes when in "workbench mode" working on my settlements.. it has only ever crashed on me in that mode. I can't be bothered to redo all of the fixes right now though so I'm just throwing in the already modded interface.ba2. I'll report back with how that goes later.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 07:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Longpig7 wrote:
Kayden - This should show the off center cross hairs, also the HUD is one the outer screen.

I'm also seeing all the menus for crafting etc all very small and compressed.

FYI res of 6048x5760

Cheers in advance for any help.

I have been racking my brain trying to consider the possibilities but I haven't thought of anything concrete honestly.

I'll try to get a better handle on your situation with some questions, are you running landscape or portrait? That resolution you mentioned seems wonky when I look at your other pic (with the pink lines) it should be in landscape, so is it 6048x1080 (maybe 6048x1200)? I ask cause if it's a bezel correction resolution you might want to try 5760x1080 (or 1200) to see if that resolves it.

I removed the fix from haldi to see if I could dupe the problem, nope. The next question is, do you get the same problem without haldi's 2nd fix?

Are you running this in fullscreen? If you aren't sure go to your Fallout4Prefs.ini and look for "bFull Screen" if there is a 0 (zero) at the end change that to a 1. Save and try running the game to see if it fixed it.

If anyone else has any ideas or has experience with Eyefinity, please jump in.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 77  Next