Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 19:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 02:42 

Your Ini files if i may?

if you could upload them all to a hosting site so i can just plonk them over the top of mine that would be great :P

I very honestly do not think that would do you any good at all. Might even give you more problems than you bargained for.

Hopefully, though, ATI will take care of the problems many are having with the Eyefinity setup.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010, 09:27 

[quote]Your Ini files if i may?

if you could upload them all to a hosting site so i can just plonk them over the top of mine that would be great :P

I very honestly do not think that would do you any good at all. Might even give you more problems than you bargained for.

Hopefully, though, ATI will take care of the problems many are having with the Eyefinity setup.

You're not very helpful are you? Clearly he can just back up his .ini files and paste yours over and if it doesn't work then roll them back. No one else but you is getting this to work and it'd be wicked if we could work out why as then everyone could enjoy it just like you ;) So i'm sure lots of people would appreciate your help.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010, 11:00 

[quote][quote]Your Ini files if i may?

You're not very helpful are you? Clearly he can just back up his .ini files and paste yours over and if it doesn't work then roll them back. No one else but you is getting this to work and it'd be wicked if we could work out why as then everyone could enjoy it just like you ;) So i'm sure lots of people would appreciate your help.

I'd actually be very happy to help. However, I'm not inclined to setup a hosting site just to upload these .ini files so that anyone can willy-nilly download them.

If a site moderator here, or the site host is willing to let me email a ZIP or RAR of the settings, I'd be more inclined to go that route. But, I do not have any hosting site setup for me that would work for this kind of testing purpose.

And, I don't see where any attachments can be uploaded to this site and the settings are way too long to post in a series of posts here. (I'm of the impression that it would take several posts to get it all posted in text format.)

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 18:08 

Its easy and free mate

Go here: http://www.mediafire.com/

Rar your files and upload for free

Then go to your files once uploaded and click "share"

then give us the download link

Easy as pie and takes liek 2 mins. :D

here are the files from my Doctuments folder (ALL OF THEM)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1jankittnn5

please upload yours in much the same fasion, all the files from your documents alpha protocol foldeer please

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 09:33 

The ENTIRE Config Directory that is in use on MY system. Have fun!

This is a Use at Your Own Risk endeavor.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v4jqxygzz42/AP-Config.rar

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 09:51 

Your a star for doing that for us :D

Goin to test them now. if it doesnt help at least we know its our systems

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 11:30 

I'm on my second run through the game now and having a blast with all the various options available.

On my last mission, my most effective weapon was my...... HANDS. :)

Post subject: P
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 16:02 
Editors
Editors

Hmm, I really don't see how these ini files would help - they don't change anything for me anyway. We all have EnableEyefinityDisplayMode=True in our APEngine.ini, right ? And yet it has no effect. So the problem probably lies at a lower level...
DS, thanks for sharing all the same. :cheers

Post subject: Re: P
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 21:36 

Hmm, I really don't see how these ini files would help - they don't change anything for me anyway. We all have EnableEyefinityDisplayMode=True in our APEngine.ini, right ? And yet it has no effect. So the problem probably lies at a lower level...
DS, thanks for sharing all the same. :cheers

This was exactly my own thoughts prior to the request for my .ini files. I, too, don't see how these could do things that the original, installed files would do. BUT, if anyone DOES see a difference, please post and let us all know.

EDIT: BTW, have any of you having the vertical problem issue tried to rotate your screens to Portrait?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2010, 19:12 

No vert- fix, eh? :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next