Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Specs can be found
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 14:42 

Specs can be found here:
http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=26357

Keep in mind that surround works for WoW. A good start for a valid argument as to why they should support it, advantage or not. I doubt any of them would reply to the thread anyways.

and as DaFox said, there are no AA options currently and it's only DX9. And running surround, at least right now, is running both GPU's at 99% which is extremely awkward.

Keep in mind that I would even come as close as calling this an Alpha client still. Lots of work to do.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 14:51 
Editors
Editors

but I'd like to reassure you guys that it's currently in.

Now I cannot go full screen mode with surround, only full screen windowed but is sure does look nice!

Shit man thats fantatsic, thanks a lot for sharing ! :party:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 17:48 
Founder
Founder

Specs can be found here:

Keep in mind that surround works for WoW. A good start for a valid argument as to why they should support it, advantage or not. I doubt any of them would reply to the thread anyways.

and as DaFox said, there are no AA options currently and it's only DX9. And running surround, at least right now, is running both GPU's at 99% which is extremely awkward.

Keep in mind that I would even come as close as calling this an Alpha client still. Lots of work to do.

There must be some mistake in those specs cos your cpu clock shows up as stock.
Obviously you didn't buy all that watercooling shit to run stock.

What do you get in full screen on a sinlge screen?
The optimization must be terrible, those graphics look like ps2
And no amount of AA is going to change its like putting a lipstick on a turd

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 23:31 

As a long standing player of both Diablo 1 and 2, and one of battle.net's first users (circa 1996 I believe), I can tell you that having 3 times the screen would be -insanely- advantageous, the limits on most of the spells is edge of map, so being able to nail someone with a particular skill before your opponent can even -see- you would be -very- unfair. PvE, sure, who cares, but then again, if you're playing D1/2/3 for PvE you're probably fail already.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011, 04:02 

As a long standing player of both Diablo 1 and 2, and one of battle.net's first users (circa 1996 I believe), I can tell you that having 3 times the screen would be -insanely- advantageous, the limits on most of the spells is edge of map, so being able to nail someone with a particular skill before your opponent can even -see- you would be -very- unfair. PvE, sure, who cares, but then again, if you're playing D1/2/3 for PvE you're probably fail already.

could care less about multi-player. Multi monitor immersion for starcraft and diablo single player please!

my monitors wrote: A bezel is nothing more than my eyeglass frames

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011, 15:30 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]As a long standing player of both Diablo 1 and 2, and one of battle.net's first users (circa 1996 I believe), I can tell you that having 3 times the screen would be -insanely- advantageous, the limits on most of the spells is edge of map, so being able to nail someone with a particular skill before your opponent can even -see- you would be -very- unfair. PvE, sure, who cares, but then again, if you're playing D1/2/3 for PvE you're probably fail already.

could care less about multi-player. Multi monitor immersion for starcraft and diablo single player please!

Totally agree, I don't care about MP either, SP is #1. Sure LAN 4 player would be cool but SP is where its at personally.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011, 17:32 

Specs can be found here:

- Widescreen-WoW works somewhat, if you ignore the crashfest. There is the long list of exceptions which occur(red up to WotLK) when accessing above 4GB ram (which only happens when using extremely large resolutions). They "allowed" it, but never actually "supported" it.
- No AA options ? This is completely wrong. There's FSAA since 2005.
- DirectX11 for WoW

I must admit : I smoked 3 (three !!!) graphic cards by playing WoW at 5040x1050 over 6 years. 2 GTX8800 which used to run in SLI and a GTX295. They ran extremely hot indeed.

Diablo 3 -> that game just isn't designed for 3 monitors ... and it's pro'lly waaay to heavy for that.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 00:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't have beta access, but I have downloaded the client and I can get to the menus. The highest resolution I can choose is 1920x1080 even though I have a nvidia surround setup. So it looks like at least the beta doesn't support nvidia surround.

I can verify, I have a nvidia surround and eyefinity, multi mon does not work you can not force 5760x1080.

The game is locked at 1920x1080, what a waste I am looking forward to Torchlight II anyways they have broken D3 with so many things :(

Here is a shit load of screens for those that want to take a look as its from my beta session.

http://renewsoft.com/d3/

I am going to try the none full screen mode you guys talked(supposedly 5760x1080) about, I swear I tried that and it does not work, if it does I will make screens and post.

Update: I tried the window mode you can not run D3 @ 5760x1080 in window mode or full. You can only stretch it a bit past 1920 on the width in window mode, really it makes not much of a difference.

Update 2: It does work in 5760x1080*window) there is a bit of weirdness but I go it to work will post a link to the pics in a few minutes. The rendering is not perfect there chunks that are not rendered, dungeons work the best and large towns etc.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 00:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok 5760x1080 does work in window mode here is what you have to do:

- locate the D3Prefs in Documents folder
- Mod lines : what ever rez you want

DisplayModeWinWidth "5760"
DisplayModeWinHeight "1080"

* These down here do not do anything even if you set the file to read only game runs its own settings *
DisplayModeUIOptWidth "5760"
DisplayModeUIOptHeight "1080"
DisplayModeWidth "5744"
DisplayModeHeight "1042"

- Now when you launch D3 the game will be stretched to that rez and look like ass. Don't freak out just press esc and then go into the graphics options and press apply. The game will re render the window, you don't have to change anything just hit the apply.
- Now your in business and can play in any rez.
- The shitty thing is the game chunks the parts of the lvl some part are 100% fine others are not its hit or miss(see in my screens)

I made almost 200 screens if you guys want more let me know: http://renewsoft.com/d3/5760by1080/

My upload speed is brutal so its going to take a while.

Really pisses me off they don't support multi mon in some sort of offline mode etc or one player online mode, it really has potential as I don't have to tell you guys :(

How could they say multi mon is stupid and useless in such a game, its ridiculous to tell you the truth, I am looking forward to Torchlight 2.

But beside the multi mon support you guys should really worry about the spell system and stream lining they have done to the game, you can only equip 5 spells at one time and have to sacrifice a potion slot, I really hate what they have done :( , no spell trees, no attributes, basically you have no choices just what spells you equip that everyone else has the same.

Again so much potential yet they have really stream lined the game and butchered it :( I hope everything will be cool when its out on all fronts.

Enjoy the screens 5760x1080 rulz

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 17:59 
Editors
Editors

Ok 5760x1080 does work in window mode ...

I made almost 200 screens if you guys want more let me know: http://renewsoft.com/d3/5760by1080/

My upload speed is brutal so its going to take a while.

Great stuff ! But you can upload and create screenshot galleries here at WSGF, check here too if you have any doubts, cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next