Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 11:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 13:17 
I Donated
I Donated

Works really well for me. Also 5760*1080. Steady 60fps. And I'm capping it at 60 and my my gpu's runs up to max 70%. Its a lot better with the latest gamepatch. Before was many dips to 40 fps when zooming in scopes and stuff and. I'm running most things on ultra/max except AA wich looks horrible and blurry. So instead of the ingame AA I run all fixes in the guide here with the ReShade framework. It now looks really sharp and good.
http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 14:26 

Just created this account. Wanted to say thanks for all working on this fix. Before the 1.2 patch I was using the fix posted here and it worked great! I too however am having issues with the latest fix here under the new 1.2 patch. Basically, any time the in-game "help" type system pops up (like, first time you do lock picking, first time you visit the work bench, first time this / that), where it pops up a message with a "how to do this" info, instead, I am getting a blank box on the screen labeled "Message content", and then nothing works. With the original ba2 file, it'd be just hit "enter" to dismiss the message, but under the fixed ba2, no key on the keyboard responds. In-game music still plays in the background, but no input is accepted to move past that blank message box. I've been saving, then switching the ba2 to the original, passing the message, re-saving, switching to the fixed ba2 and proceeding, but that damn message seems to pop up every time I try something for the first time.

Also, after I got past the first lock-pick help message, I picked the lock successfully, no issues, but after I came up to the 2nd lock pick situation, i successfully pick the lock, and it just kicks me back to desktop, no messages or warning. Doesn't occur under the original ba2 v1.2 file.

Anyway, thought I'd report what I'm seeing on my end. Thanks for the all hard work on this!

- Goatblaster.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 14:49 

anteronoid wrote:
Works really well for me. Also 5760*1080. Steady 60fps. And I'm capping it at 60 and my my gpu's runs up to max 70%. Its a lot better with the latest gamepatch. Before was many dips to 40 fps when zooming in scopes and stuff and. I'm running most things on ultra/max except AA wich looks horrible and blurry. So instead of the ingame AA I run all fixes in the guide here with the ReShade framework. It now looks really sharp and good.

I dont know what the hell could be wrong. The game is very stuttering for me and unless i change pre-rendered frames to 3 or 4 it is really chunky.

Getting so anoyyed by this, spent more time trying to get the game run properly then playing. ( I have around 20h ingame :p )

What steps have you done? Just installed or changed anything in in Nvidia inspector? Do you run vsync in any variation, adaptive, smooth, standard?

This is the sli bits used default: 0x080000F5. I tried to go back to the previous driver too and i get about the same fps. The only differece is that the cars run hotter with the old driver, same fps, same stutter.

This is also default for me:
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT

Several places says gpu count 4, but when i change to two i get around 10 fps. If i change to AFR2 SLI rendering, i get about 40 fps, with 50% gpu usage.

Will read up a bit more on the tweakguide but does not look to be anything i havent tried there already :(

Thanks for response!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 15:01 

Ceogar, if it helps, this is what I did to get my GTX680 4GB @ 5760x1080 running silky smooth (i7-920 OC'd to 4ghz CPU). I used this, which basically modifies your INI's for you:

http://goo.gl/weZzui

Run the JAR (have java installed), under the "INI Settings" tab, enable the Advanced>Use threaded morpher and Use threaded particle system and then install. Only thing I changed after that was the following in the Fallout4prefs.ini file, for much better shadows:

iShadowMapResolution=8192

Hope this helps.

EDIT - it's called the "ultra low graphics mod", but the game still looks awesome to be honest.

EDIT 2 - I didn't see you were running SLI, not sure if that's the cause or if the above will make a difference then :/

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 15:20 

Im also still having the problem with regards to SLI and surround. The game is completely unplayable, I get 20-40FPS with 30-50% GPU usage the GPUs dont even clock up to max even though max performance mode is set in nvidia inspectors power saving section...

I have also tried pretty much every trick I can find and nothing makes any difference. I even set the graphics to their lowest to see if there was any difference but nope 30-40fps and the same GPU usage just lower clocks.

Im running 2x780TI's at 1.2GHZ and an I7 4930k @ 4.6GHZ

If anyone else has any suggestions of anything else to try it would be greatly appreciated.

I have also spent more time stuffing around with settings instead of playing, I would like my experience of the game to be as good as possible...

RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866
GPU: 2x780ti
Monitors: 3x Asus 27MX279H 27" Monitors

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 16:50 
I Donated
I Donated

Ceogar wrote:
anteronoid wrote:

I dont know what the hell could be wrong. The game is very stuttering for me and unless i change pre-rendered frames to 3 or 4 it is really chunky.

Getting so anoyyed by this, spent more time trying to get the game run properly then playing. ( I have around 20h ingame :p )

What steps have you done? Just installed or changed anything in in Nvidia inspector? Do you run vsync in any variation, adaptive, smooth, standard?

This is the sli bits used default: 0x080000F5. I tried to go back to the previous driver too and i get about the same fps. The only differece is that the cars run hotter with the old driver, same fps, same stutter.

This is also default for me:
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT

Several places says gpu count 4, but when i change to two i get around 10 fps. If i change to AFR2 SLI rendering, i get about 40 fps, with 50% gpu usage.

Will read up a bit more on the tweakguide but does not look to be anything i havent tried there already :(

Thanks for response!

I'm sorry but I really didn't have to do much at all. I only had slight stutter and lag before.
The only things i done is using the SMAA fix in the guide i linked and disabled the in-game Vsync and instead limit the frames with Afterburner directly in the cards. Since the game speed is FPS based like in the 90's it has to be limited otherwise physics go nuts.
Also, before upgrading to my Skylake cpu it was alot worse. I had a i7 2700K @ 4.6Ghz before and got the Skylake 2 days after the FO4 release, so i managed to do a Fallout4 test run with the 980Ti's and the 2700k and that was way laggier.. the the Skylake arriwed in mail and most of the lag was gone.. my conclusion is that it was pretty cpu intensive. But i feel its become much better after the latest patch even on the Skylake.
But i also changed to DDR4 and a better Mobo when swithing to Skylake... so i dont really know.. :wtf:

How does it run on a single monitor for you? Is that OK FPS wise? Have you measured vram usage and streaming and harddrive streaming of textures and such?
When i run it on max on my laptop in 1920*1080 with a gtx970m 3GB and a I7-4720HQ its pretty stable in 60 FPS too.. (AA off)

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 01:51 
I Donated
I Donated

anteronoid wrote:
Haldi wrote:
chris686 wrote:
So... based on this info, I can write a patch utility. I'll post back when it's finished. I honestly would have done it a couple weeks ago, but I was waiting on someone else to write one.

Tried the same when the game released, but well... lucky i got lots of infos how this interface is written and i've started patching around myself xD

rdunlap wrote:
Will your approach stay fixed the next time they update some or all of the SWF files? <sigh> i miss FORTRN89

It's a "patcher" so you start the tool, check existing resolution, writen your prefered resolution, and it will overwrite the current files.
So you apply it after every game update with 2 clicks.

Btw, about the people having crashes.
A: Crashes do NOT happen when using original interface.ba2 ?
B: They happen with Erkbois patched file and with my patched file?

A: Nope, all is fine with the original interface.ba2. Your first .ba2 fix works also without any problem. ( http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 79#p162479 )
B: Erkbois new file was removed and referenced to your latest patched file, so i couldnt try Erkbois newest file. :wtf:

I reverted to your old file and use it, but would be nice to be able to use the updated in case there are some goodies in it.
Thx for looking in to it!

Confirmed! the old file works like a dream for me no more crashing! yay! now to get the new one working

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 10:43 

Ok I had a small breakthrough this morning :P

If i set the game to borderless windowed maximized mode, SLI works perfectly.

Looks like you cant run it fullscreen.

So my problem is solved, hope this helps the others having this issue.

RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866
GPU: 2x780ti
Monitors: 3x Asus 27MX279H 27" Monitors

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 14:09 
I Donated
I Donated

Demandred wrote:
Ok I had a small breakthrough this morning :P

If i set the game to borderless windowed maximized mode, SLI works perfectly.

Looks like you cant run it fullscreen.

So my problem is solved, hope this helps the others having this issue.

Great news!
But its really odd, i have always been informed and under the assumption that when using SLI in anything else than fullscreen (non-windowed) Sli wont really work. :think:
So it should have been the other way around for you, heh. :wtf:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 18:44 

On performance, dual 970s in SLI, running 5760x1200. Had great single monitor performance with everything on Ultra. Triple monitor it dropped to about 25 to 35 fps in most outdoor situations, still on Ultra but with Godrays turned off and shadows turned down. I'm also running the ReShade stuff at the above link which I think makes a great visual difference and wasn't impacting my fps. Had tried a few manual settings in profiles to use other game profiles but nothing that improved it.

New drivers didn't improve anything at Ultra settings. I finally went with a tick above the recommended settings (in GeForce Experience) which is more like running it between medium and high. That jumped it to 60 fps in most settings, though there was this horrible stutter every time I stopped moving as if it took a second to lock the image down. I changed NVidia's default AA back to TAA from FXAA and that immediately fixed it and fps held at 60. Have since slowly started creeping some settings back up higher but haven't gotten very far into that yet. This reminds me I need to get back to testing it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 77  Next