Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 12:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 17:43 

@CY:G, is that a retail copy or a Steam download?

Does it make a difference?

It is a retail copy but its running from Steam anyway, i had to use Steam to install it and to play it

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 19:11 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm sure ATI and Steam or the game producers are getting alot of feedback right now especially from guys like us running it in multi-mon setup.

I'm sure ATI, Steam and the game producers are getting an ear full from guys running in multi-mon setup and I'm sure that they are working on it as we speak, when will we get this fix? Your guess is as good as mine.

I too got mine from Steam and would advise you when using any hacks or mods that you do this at your own risk. So be careful.

I hope we get a fix soon. :D
Well you are very optimistic! Neither CoD4 nor CoDWaW have their AR patched to work. IW have gone on record (when questioned about enabling console and, therefore, being able to up the FoV to 90 in MW2) as saying 'you should play the game as we invisioned it'

This is the same guys who have jilted the huge CoD4 community by not including dedi servers etc... instead we get p2p and have rounds where you have 5 host re-connections followed by only having 2v2 left on the map and the next round llllaaaaaggs like a bastard! :evil: (last night BTW)

So, IMO, we have not an icecubes hope in hell of ever getting HOR+ in MW2. If you want it you will have to hack it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 19:26 

The FOV can now be changed with a simple config.cfg file edit! Credit goes to Teknogods for discovering this. Now you can change from the crappy 65 default fov!

My friend Ape wrote a nice small tutorial for all those people who want to have FOV and cheats in singleplayer game.

Update: You need to do these changes each time you run the game since .cfg is reset.

Browse to your MW2players directory. Note that it’s not MW2players for all people. Search config.cfg in your c:documents and settings folder, and you should find the config file. Open config.cfg in wordpad and add the following lines:

set developer "1"
set sv_cheats "1"
set thereisacow "1337"
bind M "cg_fov 90"

Once ingame press M to increase your FOV. You can also change "90" to whatever FOV you prefer.

Optionally, if you don’t want to have to remember to press M to set your FOV, locate the line ‘bind W "+forward"‘ and change it to:
bind W "+forward;cg_fov 90"
This will set your fov automatically as soon as you walk in each level.

Changing FOV in config_mp.cfg is untested, but it may work (no idea if this is detected by VAC).

Here are some screenshots I took showing the big difference with the FOV change.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 20:15 

hmm not working for me..

C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommoncall of duty modern warfare 2players

config.cfg - the file that ive edited

anyone else got this working?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 20:39 

hmm not working for me..

C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommoncall of duty modern warfare 2players

config.cfg - the file that ive edited

anyone else got this working?

It should be in your documents and settings.

Note that I don't think that this will help with surround gaming. Since its the Aspect Ratio thats broken, not the FoV.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 20:45 

barnacles!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 20:53 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll get on it.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 21:10 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll get on it.
The offer still stands. :)

EDIT: Just got your PM, confirm you haven't brought it?

EDIT2: Can see you haven't on the way to you :)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 22:18 

Arrrrrrgh, can't get fov working with SoftTH
editing config file gives nothing,
utility shows "F1" line in red after I press it and alt-tab. When I press F1 there is a strange sound "boink"

option files contain "seta" not set, so the "set developer 1" is wiped from the file after start. "seta" corrupts the file.

:(

this is ridiculous I've spent an hour and nothing. no fov, no aspect. The intro makes me sick. Im pissed off. IW not good

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:36 

The FOV can now be changed with a simple config.cfg file edit! Credit goes to Teknogods for discovering this. Now you can change from the crappy 65 default fov!

My friend Ape wrote a nice small tutorial for all those people who want to have FOV and cheats in singleplayer game.

Update: You need to do these changes each time you run the game since .cfg is reset.

Browse to your MW2players directory. Note that it’s not MW2players for all people. Search config.cfg in your c:documents and settings folder, and you should find the config file. Open config.cfg in wordpad and add the following lines:

set developer "1"
set sv_cheats "1"
set thereisacow "1337"
bind M "cg_fov 90"

Once ingame press M to increase your FOV. You can also change "90" to whatever FOV you prefer.

Optionally, if you don’t want to have to remember to press M to set your FOV, locate the line ‘bind W "+forward"‘ and change it to:
bind W "+forward;cg_fov 90"
This will set your fov automatically as soon as you walk in each level.

Changing FOV in config_mp.cfg is untested, but it may work (no idea if this is detected by VAC).

Here are some screenshots I took showing the big difference with the FOV change.

O_o
if this works in MP it's good news for TH owners
however this allows for a big flaw

you can actually get a free zoom

bind a key to whatever normal wide fov you want
bind another key to a a smaller fov and get a zoomed in kind of aspect !

switch back and forth as much as you want ! :shock:

EDIT: it seems from the screenshots provided that this setting changes both horizontal & vertical fov which would mean it would be of no help for TH !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next