Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 02:04 
Editors
Editors

This Weekend is Open Beta! Till Monday 18:00 or such

Post subject: works fine on my 5870 x3
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 04:18 

works fine on my 5870 x3 1920x1200!

:) i'm happy!

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 18:13 

It worked for me this weekend as well, just had to set it up in full screen windowed mode, and I did see the empty polygons, but overall it seems to work great!

Post subject: Window mode !=
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 19:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Window mode != Fullscreen;))

I bet once the game is actually released I will make a fix for FullScreen so we can play the game in 3D Surround;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 21:50 

While your fix may work, I can't see it being safe from Blizzard's Warden system. They already stated that eyefinity/surround won't be supported, and modding any files will just result in a ban since they also stated that they won't allow any mods for D3. Basically, we're SOL unless Blizzard has a change of heart, which I highly doubt they will since they've been so adamant about it.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 22:24 
Insiders
Insiders

While your fix may work, I can't see it being safe from Blizzard's Warden system. They already stated that eyefinity/surround won't be supported, and modding any files will just result in a ban since they also stated that they won't allow any mods for D3. Basically, we're SOL unless Blizzard has a change of heart, which I highly doubt they will since they've been so adamant about it.

who said anything about change of files?:))) Ofc any fix is being used at ones risk. But I doubt they will actually ban anyone for using a fix like this.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 00:25 

I thought a fix would require changing something like memory addresses and the like to get it to work? That's how I understood it anyways, sorry if my assumption was wrong. From what I remember from D2, their anti-cheat system Warden basically scans for any changes to files, injections and current running processes on your PC which will flag you if something pops up, resulting in a ban shortly after. Blizzard even banned people for a fix that let people run multiple copies of the game (with different CD keys of course) which is why I'm skeptical of them allowing it.

Post subject: helifax wrote:synergic
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 01:08 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]While your fix may work, I can't see it being safe from Blizzard's Warden system. They already stated that eyefinity/surround won't be supported, and modding any files will just result in a ban since they also stated that they won't allow any mods for D3. Basically, we're SOL unless Blizzard has a change of heart, which I highly doubt they will since they've been so adamant about it.

who said anything about change of files?:))) Ofc any fix is being used at ones risk. But I doubt they will actually ban anyone for using a fix like this.

Just a heads up - they banned for the Starcraft II multi monitor fix, and that was simply a res launcher - no injection or anything. [reportedly by one user atleast, I never got banned, but I have not updated it because of that one person]

That being said, I too will investigate and fix where possible, if I get banned I get banned, I've waiting a long time for this game and I'm going to play it with it looking proper on multi-screen.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 14:51 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]While your fix may work, I can't see it being safe from Blizzard's Warden system. They already stated that eyefinity/surround won't be supported, and modding any files will just result in a ban since they also stated that they won't allow any mods for D3. Basically, we're SOL unless Blizzard has a change of heart, which I highly doubt they will since they've been so adamant about it.

Just a heads up - they banned for the Starcraft II multi monitor fix, and that was simply a res launcher - no injection or anything. [reportedly by one user atleast, I never got banned, but I have not updated it because of that one person]

That being said, I too will investigate and fix where possible, if I get banned I get banned, I've waiting a long time for this game and I'm going to play it with it looking proper on multi-screen.

Wait!!! You get banned in SINGLE player? if you are playing it on 3 Screens? or are they talking about the multiplayer? Multiplayer is CO-OP in D3 right? not PvP or am I wrong?

If that is the case it sux on Blizzard and their policies are weird... Still I will give it a try and see what happens.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 15:52 

There is no single player in D3 - the game requires a constant internet connection to play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next