Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 05:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 10:58 

it seems there was a massive ban wave
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4591/blizzard-zerg-rushes-starcraft-2-cheaters.html
Blizzard Entertainment has always taken cheating in any form in Blizzard games very seriously, and that's no different for StarCraft II. If a StarCraft II player is found to be cheating or using hacks or modifications in any form, then as outlined in our end user license agreement, that player can be permanently banned from the game. This means that the player will be permanently unable to log in to Battle.net to play StarCraft II with his or her account.

Playing StarCraft II legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, or exploits. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will begin in the near future.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2010, 18:48 

I don't have an Eyefinity setup, but I do use an HDTV that has overscanning issues, so I find this tool to be very helpful in that regard. I love this tool, however I have a few small gripes with it.

- Your desired resolution has to be entered manually every time.
- Atypical tab behavior.
- The resolution switches to the reference resolution before the desired resolution. When it does this, it triggers something weird with my display which I can fix by alt-tabbing and fooling around with Windows display settings and then alt-tabbing back.

But the main thing is it works, so I have decided to help out the cause by hosting this tool for the time being.
http://cybertootie.net/downloads/CustomRes2.exe

2, meaning the second, current version.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 23:06 

I am not sure if it is just me however does not seem to be working on the newest patch 1.1.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 00:06 

Tool is broken with latest patch.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 00:48 
Founder
Founder

OMG I just tried it and it no longer works after patch :roll:

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 01:23 

I finally got word back from a Blizzard support follow-up e-mail I sent about a week ago. And while Fabio V. of Blizzard Customer Services did not directly address my question ("Is a fix for playing with custom resolutions in the works, or is the inability to set or use a custom resolution intended?"), he did comment on the use of this tool, saying: "If the game mechanics are not affected then you should be fine." So those of us using this tool for overscan issues, one would think that we'd be OK.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 12:28 
Insiders
Insiders

hold up - ill look now re: patch.

[edit] no update for my game client [/edit]

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 17:50 

Help us HayDen! I cant play any game without Eyefinity now.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 18:12 

Wow, that'a cruel :-o

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2010, 01:14 
Founder
Founder

Well at least I'm getting a 90 fps now in single screen mode :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next